Main Menu

Trade Market Trends

Started by Alex7089, October 19, 2010, 04:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

maybe i'll need to improve my academy to do it. I just want success to come quickly i know where some of my weaknesses are and i am trying to rectify those issues with Australians

(Props to Hello for letting me have Poidevin and to Major Lazer for giving me Lansdown who has become my number 3 batsman and both have done well at their new homes)

cookie311993

only if you have good players you want to improve cicjose. if you want instant success go for older more experienced better players

Cicjose

the only piece of the puzzle i feel I'm missing is a genuine fast bowler and I can improve my academy in the meantime if one comes up with the right criteria I will get them. I'm in no rush atm.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Cicjose on January 01, 2011, 09:58:48 PM
i will eventually get an ultra fast bowler (don't need one right now) but if anyone can recommend a fast bowler with a bouncer talent it would be good
I've got a Canadian Fasty who has OBB and Yorker talent :P. He's now Acc/Acc after a season's work from Rel/Rel. Bought for 2k and I've grown him and now he should play T20's for me at least :D. I'd say invest into a Rel/Rel Fasty if you can get one for cheap. Then work him up to be a gun.

Quote from: CrowsFan on January 01, 2011, 10:15:51 PM
That is getting very specific CJ.
Fast bowlers are the rarest bowlers in the game (along with wristies) and for them to have a specific bowling talent makes it harder, and to add on to that you want to get a specific nationality is making it almost impossible!
It will be really hard to find this player Cic :(. I find project players for cheap and turn them into Guns 8). Won't pay off straight away but are good if you plan to play this game for another season or two (at least).

Quote from: Cicjose on January 01, 2011, 10:20:26 PM
maybe i'll need to improve my academy to do it. I just want success to come quickly i know where some of my weaknesses are and i am trying to rectify those issues with Australians

(Props to Hello for letting me have Poidevin and to Major Lazer for giving me Lansdown who has become my number 3 batsman and both have done well at their new homes)
No problems :D. Wouldn't get games when squad is fully fit (could of used him now ::)) but he's being used well.

Academies are a long term investment like cookie said.

Cicjose

its okay my short term buys have been as cheap as possible so i can put money into my academies.

Everyone is right tho. I will need a season or two before my team becomes really strong (provided i train my players properly). 

Hence why i'm trying to be stingy as possible and picking up players under 23 I can work with.

Justin Bieber

I picked 20 year olds when I started and still have a few of them left. But they aren't the best primary players as I've worked fielding for last season.

Good luck Cic and hopefully the academies pay off.

Bazinga

Cicjose - If you have the patience, my advice would be to wait til the end of the season. Many teams will have 19yr olds turning 20, and these players may not be good enough for their senior squad and therefore will be listed on the transfer market. I found some good players for basically nothing because of this at the end of last season.

Justin Bieber

If you are up look at these guys:
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=475377 - 5k Rea/Rea 19 y.o Batter with Gifted Batting. Alright secondaries for age.
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=292807 - Ends in an hour and is a good All rounder for all those who are looking for 1. Downside is that he is 23. Cap/Rel/Cap Medium All rounder.

Cicjose

thanks a lot bazinga. I will put the money into academies for the time being until the end of season. I will then look at transfer market if that fails i should be able to recruit youth.

But can someone explain how the youth recruitment works? is it relative to the academy spending to what level of skill I am likely to get?

pyronerd

Quote from: Cicjose on January 02, 2011, 12:50:15 AM
thanks a lot bazinga. I will put the money into academies for the time being until the end of season. I will then look at transfer market if that fails i should be able to recruit youth.

But can someone explain how the youth recruitment works? is it relative to the academy spending to what level of skill I am likely to get?
its random how good the youth u recruit is, but i think having a better youth academy gives u a better chance of getting a good pull

Justin Bieber

Pyronerd is right. The better the academy the more likely you'll get a GUN pull. But it's still pretty unlikely, but more likely ;).

No harm in recruiting each week. You are more likely to get a good pull from general than a specific type, although that may fill a need in the team.

I've bought a few of my Youths but half of my first team in the Youths have been Youth pulls :).

Cicjose

can i limit my youth recruitment to what i want?

pyronerd

Quote from: Cicjose on January 02, 2011, 01:22:22 AM
can i limit my youth recruitment to what i want?
yes u can choose from general (no1 specifically) a batsmen a spin bowler seam bowler all-rounder or keeper

Cicjose

is it better to have a genuine fast bowler (rf or lf not fm) who can bowl long spells (endurance) or bowl bouncers (strength)?

Justin Bieber

Having strength doesn't mean they can bowl bouncers (although means they are better strike bowlers).

I prefer those who have the better skills. As most pitches that favour Fast Mediums also favour Fasties. Fasties are hard to come by so a Fast Medium isn't a bad replacement. If you can find either cheap, go for it.

Endurance and Strength is always a bonus. Look for Endurance ahead of Strength as it is more benefiting long term. Means they can bowl at their best for longer periods in the match

I've got an Exp/Exp FM who has played the majority of his career with bad Power but still manages to grab wickets (Leading wicket taker for One Dayers with almost 100). Endurance allows him to play alot of games in a row so I rate that higher.