bomberboy0618

8-6 Suited

Nah not at all. It doesn't get that big lol

roo boys!

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on November 04, 2010, 07:20:14 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on November 04, 2010, 07:18:46 PM
Are you a bikie too Shaggy? :P
why u recruiting?
yep, im recruiting....you will find out why this is funny in the PM I will send you ;)

bomberboy0618

Quote from: roo boys! on November 04, 2010, 07:22:20 PM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on November 04, 2010, 07:20:14 PM
Quote from: roo boys! on November 04, 2010, 07:18:46 PM
Are you a bikie too Shaggy? :P
why u recruiting?
yep, im recruiting....you will find out why this is funny in the PM I will send you ;)
Lets get everyone ;D

Alex7089

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on November 04, 2010, 07:15:00 PM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on November 04, 2010, 07:07:26 PM
is it worth setting him on defensive shaggy? and i was wondering why do they call u shaggy?

It depends on the pitch conditions and the team you are against. I never set McCarthy to Aggressive, ever. He is about 60/40 Defensive/Normal.

The plus side to Defensive is more dot balls = more chances for the talent, best suited to non-batsman pitches and slower ones. Normal is best suited for batting pitches as you will get a few more runs.

As for Defensive limiting runs, your batsmen when chasing will almost always chase at the RRR as it is. Except for loss of Wickets in which case they slow down to preserve wickets. Which is when you fall short of a total.

Shaggy, I got from laziness shaving lol During winter, since I fish alot, I quite like my beard growing. :P
Yes, but if you set a player on (D) in the HOPE of dot balls to trigger a talent that may trigger twice a game which is 8-12 runs which you would be getting more if you set it to normal and he was making runs off most balls, you see?
Because if there is a lot of dot balls then although there is a higher chance of the talent triggering, there is also less runs being scored which cancels out the talent.

8-6 Suited

You are missing the point Alex. If you are chasing, you aren't cancelling out runs being scored because your batsmen will always score around the RRR.

I can say this from national Manager's who have said it to me, go ask Vicdekoning if you want mate. He isn't the only one. -_-

Boundary hitters and Accumulators should be Defensive/Normal depending on pitch conditions.

roo boys!

My mentor Damage says that too ;)

Alex7089

If players will always score at the RRR then what is the point of having (A), (N) or (D)?
From my view, a combination of power, NRR and orders determine how quickly they make runs.
Assuming that 3 players have identical skills and power are playing one on each order.
The one on (A) will score a little faster than the RRR whil (N) will be around the RRR and (D) will be a bit below.
If they all scored at the same rate everyone would have their players on (D) so they wouldn't go out -_-

IMHO it doesn't make a HUGE difference, on (A) the talent won't trigger as much but the player will score faster without the talent, on (N) it will be just that, score what they need to and on (D) while there is a higher chance of the talent triggering there is a lower chance of the player making runs without the talent.

Thus making less runs than you could on (A) and that is the point, yes? To make runs.

8-6 Suited

No, you have the orders wrong. On Aggressive, your batsman will make runs but take more risks smashing the ball up.

Normal, they will pick and choose the balls they go for the smash on but is slightly more balanced to safer run scoring shots.

Defensive, the batsman plays safer shots reducing the risk of an early wicket.

It isn't an indicator to how much runs they will score as you will find a lot of Aggressive batsmen will play as if they are defensive. Also depending on the situation in the game, those orders are overriden. If you are 7 wickets down with 15 overs to go, your batsmen at the crease will be automatically defending the ball. If you have 7 wickets in hand with 15 to go, they will take more risks.

McRooster

Quote from: Alex7089 on November 04, 2010, 08:03:29 PM
If players will always score at the RRR then what is the point of having (A), (N) or (D)?
From my view, a combination of power, NRR and orders determine how quickly they make runs.
Assuming that 3 players have identical skills and power are playing one on each order.
The one on (A) will score a little faster than the RRR whil (N) will be around the RRR and (D) will be a bit below.
If they all scored at the same rate everyone would have their players on (D) so they wouldn't go out -_-

IMHO it doesn't make a HUGE difference, on (A) the talent won't trigger as much but the player will score faster without the talent, on (N) it will be just that, score what they need to and on (D) while there is a higher chance of the talent triggering there is a lower chance of the player making runs without the talent.

Thus making less runs than you could on (A) and that is the point, yes? To make runs.
The point is to take wickets  ;)

roo boys!

Alex7089

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on November 04, 2010, 08:08:20 PM
No, you have the orders wrong. On Aggressive, your batsman will make runs but take more risks smashing the ball up.

Normal, they will pick and choose the balls they go for the smash on but is slightly more balanced to safer run scoring shots.

Defensive, the batsman plays safer shots reducing the risk of an early wicket.

It isn't an indicator to how much runs they will score as you will find a lot of Aggressive batsmen will play as if they are defensive. Also depending on the situation in the game, those orders are overriden. If you are 7 wickets down with 15 overs to go, your batsmen at the crease will be automatically defending the ball. If you have 7 wickets in hand with 15 to go, they will take more risks.
Fair enough.
I didn't know about that :P

Alex7089

QuoteThe point is to take wickets  ;)
You need runs to win.
You can be 0/100 at the end of 50 overs and lose ;)
Although a combination of the two is always better :P

benjy251090

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=417804
Dibs, need a keeper sooooooooo bad as was shown in my match against Q

MajorLazer