Quote from: Alex7089 on November 04, 2010, 06:52:03 PM
Quote from: Alex7089 on November 04, 2010, 06:45:01 PM
lol, I refresh and he has gone from 45k to 80k. :(
http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=229728
I'll go for that guy instead.
Forget it, some dweeb had an agent going to at least 40k -_-
At least I made him pay an extra 24k :P
niiice Ax
if u can't get him make them pay for them ;)

Alex7089

Haha yeah I always enjoy watching them pay more and more.
Once I realise they have an agent I will push the price up ;D

DazBurg

Quote from: Alex7089 on November 04, 2010, 06:54:34 PM
Haha yeah I always enjoy watching them pay more and more.
Once I realise they have an agent I will push the price up ;D
good stuff ;)
uses up there money faster so the next guy they can't outbid us

Alex7089

Yeah, taking out the competition 8)

http://www.fromthepavilion.org/player.htm?playerId=292985
Dibs on THIS guy.
Good keeper, so he can be a backup and should be accom/accom by EOS if I train in fielding :)

bomberboy0618

he is a boundary hitter :D I heard this from shaggy. Quite possibly the smartest thing i ever heard. Set him on defensive so he uses his talent more often. Good luck alex :D

Alex7089

Not that smart, think about it.
More dot balls means you are making less runs therefore canceling out the talent and meaning that you will only break even or lose runs + it will be frustrating due to loads of dot balls.
Mkes the talent more of a burden.
Thanks BBoy :)

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Alex7089 on November 04, 2010, 07:02:34 PM
More dot balls means you are making less runs therefore canceling out the talent and meaning that you will only break even or lose runs + it will be frustrating due to loads of dot balls.
oh :( i thought it was smart :D and no probs
yeah i didnt realise that. I wish i knew the ratio of dot balls to the amount of times the talent is used then i could assess it

8-6 Suited

Incorrect Alex, as its a talent that occurs from Dot balls. ;)

bomberboy0618

is it worth setting him on defensive shaggy? and i was wondering why do they call u shaggy?

Master Q

Wow, you just got Owned Alex. Bad  :-\

Never thought about it that way, but I'm not sure If I'll ever do it and I'm not sure If I have a player with that talent  :-\

Yeh why do people call you Shaggy, even though I do  :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: 8-6 Suited on November 04, 2010, 07:05:44 PM

Incorrect Alex, as its a talent that occurs from Dot balls. ;)
I would say Defensive if he doesn't have any power. If he has power, let him go down swinging!!

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Master Q on November 04, 2010, 07:08:07 PM
Wow, you just got Owned Alex. Bad  :-\

Never thought about it that way, but I'm not sure If I'll ever do it and I'm not sure If I have a player with that talent  :-\

Yeh why do people call you Shaggy, even though I do  :P
leave alex alone q  :(

8-6 Suited

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on November 04, 2010, 07:07:26 PM
is it worth setting him on defensive shaggy? and i was wondering why do they call u shaggy?

It depends on the pitch conditions and the team you are against. I never set McCarthy to Aggressive, ever. He is about 60/40 Defensive/Normal.

The plus side to Defensive is more dot balls = more chances for the talent, best suited to non-batsman pitches and slower ones. Normal is best suited for batting pitches as you will get a few more runs.

As for Defensive limiting runs, your batsmen when chasing will almost always chase at the RRR as it is. Except for loss of Wickets in which case they slow down to preserve wickets. Which is when you fall short of a total.

Shaggy, I got from laziness shaving lol During winter, since I fish alot, I quite like my beard growing. :P

8-6 Suited

Also, defensive helps maintain their time at the wicket as well, so they don't do risky shots resulting in catches.

roo boys!

Are you a bikie too Shaggy? :P