Total Members Voted: 2

ossie85

Defender! Hmmmm, he's still at a hefty price

BoredSaint

not at that price.. would rather get gibbs or even dlids

dylsta05

no way, better people at that price

FonFatty

He has got my attention now, he has averaged over 100 for the past 5 years and IMO this bloke is a Supercoach God. With the change of scenery and getting much less attention now, Bruce could average 110+ this year. He racks up possessions and uses it well. Also he would have been the number 1 payer at Melbourne opposition teams tag during that time.
He has missed 9 games in the last 5 years as well, so very versatile. With that average and him getting less attention, he is high on my radar.
With Hawthorn having their first bye on a non playing league round, you would look at picking him up at the start, not upgrading later in year. If he averages 100+ you will be paying top dollar for him.

BoredSaint

yes he has a good average but no he isnt getting any younger.. and at his age you would expect limited TOG due to the new rule as well..

hawk_88

Quote from: BoredSaint on January 15, 2011, 03:57:50 PM
yes he has a good average but no he isnt getting any younger.. and at his age you would expect limited TOG due to the new rule as well..

He isn't getting younger but that doesn't mean his score can't improve. Depending on how the Hawks use him his score could go up or down. Apparently he is killing the other Hawks in the running drills.

BTW, what new rule will limit his TOG?

BoredSaint

as in i can see them subbing him off at HT almost every second match

hawk_88

BoredSaint

hawk_88

I guess it will. I certainly will be eating some humble pie if it happens as frequently as you say. I just can't see the Hawks subbing off an elite runner unless they are injured.

RiOtChEsS

there r that many great possession getters at Hawthorn now who do u tag?

hawk_88

That is the question you want people asking about your midfield isn't it?

Hodge
Mitchell
Burgoyne
Rioli
Bruce
Sewell
Lewis

These are the names most would throw up. If I was coaching against the Hawks though the first player I would tag is Clinton Young. When he is on song rebounding off the wing an back flank with his speed and massive left foot the Hawks almost never lose.

RiOtChEsS

yep somoene different is going to get off the leash each week pick ur poison :-\

Hawka

Quote from: FonFatty on January 15, 2011, 01:21:02 PM
He has got my attention now, he has averaged over 100 for the past 5 years and IMO this bloke is a Supercoach God. With the change of scenery and getting much less attention now, Bruce could average 110+ this year. He racks up possessions and uses it well. Also he would have been the number 1 payer at Melbourne opposition teams tag during that time.
He has missed 9 games in the last 5 years as well, so very versatile. With that average and him getting less attention, he is high on my radar.
With Hawthorn having their first bye on a non playing league round, you would look at picking him up at the start, not upgrading later in year. If he averages 100+ you will be paying top dollar for him.
+1 cos he is a defnder but is havin buddy,burgoyne,smith,bailey and bruce to risky

hawk_88

I have seen successful teams with more that 5 players from the same club. Clubs like the Hawks, Cats and the Saints in particular have a very good top end of players for fantasy.

It is less attractive now given the byes although all 3 of those clubs have byes in the non league bye rounds so if play for league then these clubs are more attractive than others with the exception of Geelong given they have a bye in the finals.