8 (34.8%)
No
3 (13%)

Total Members Voted: 2

ossie85

Cameron Bruce

2010 Stats
Games: 21
Total Score: 2149 (Ranked 26th overall, 24th amongst midfielders)
Average Score: 102.33 (Ranked 26th overall, 22nd amongst midfielders)
High: 150 (Round 20)
Low: 64 (Round 16)
Standard Deviation: 25.88
Centuries: 12 out of 21
Starting Price: $522,500
High Price: $560,700 (round 22)
Low Price: $443,000 (round 18)

Summary:

Cameron Bruce has long been one of my favourite players. He is versatile, and can play the damaging midfielder, the goal-scorer and more recently the elite stopper (while still getting the ball himself). In my opinion, the best player in the competition never to have been given an All-Australian jumper.

Cameron Bruce, a chance to be named captain of Melbourne in his twilight years, had his best fantasy year since 2007, and at 31 years of age, that is quite an achievement. Started the year relatively slow, before finishing the last 12 rounds of the year at an average of 108.2 with 8 centuries. If you were one of the rare few that had him for the finals, his 4 centuries at the remarkable average of 130.75 would have been gold. However, during the year, he did score 4 times under 70.

The Crystal Ball:

Based on last year's magic number
Price: $543,500

Based on m0nty's fanplanner
Price: $517,500

Position: MID

Unfortunately, he is 31, and I imagine he will start to fade a bit. He will no doubt contribute greatly to Melbourne for the year though, but his game may become more negative than positive.

Decision:

Cameron Bruce use to be a fantasy favourite of mine, unique and rarely let you down. Bruce is unlikely to make the cut this year though.

Boomz

Won't make my starting side but could be a chance later on...

Fletch74

What a run home last season! Potential Upgrade Target only. Unfortunately age works against him.

DazBurg

Quote from: BOOMZ on October 14, 2010, 08:35:52 AM
Won't make my starting side but could be a chance later on...
same with me

benjy251090

has to be considered, anyone top 25 midfield averages has to be looked at

thatguy

CrowsFan

In all my years of playing fantasy football, first DT and now more recently just SC I have never picked this guy. Why should I change now? :P
A lot of people have that rule of not picking people over 30, which I do agree with in part. But there are always the exceptions, i.e. Boomer Harvey

Maca24

i wont be picking him. not alot of upside.

Justin Bieber

He's a long time favourite for me too :D. Don't know why but have always enjoyed watching him play.

At over 500k to start and with age, might be a unique upgrade option at best. But being a long time fav, put him as shortlisted :-*.

BoredSaint

ossie85

Anyone know what the Demons are smoking? Seems odd that they pushed McDonald out, and look like doing the same with Bruce this year after offering only a year deal. Since both were playing very good football, it seems awfully disloyal

HTM

ossie85

Well, Bruce is now in "The Wilderness"

Does this change anyone's mind? Entirely depend on who he ends up with (or with anyone at all...).

Love him at Collingwood, the Gold Coast should jump at him also for a couple of years experience. In fact, he'd fit into ANY team quite comfortably.

Justin Bieber

My pick is Gold Coast will pick him up. They were chasing him for a little while during trade week. Now they can get him for next to nothing with the amount of draft picks they have.

Could sway me a bit more especially if, by luck, he is given B/C MPP.

Maca24

get in their dons watson needs help. we wont get him though because we are pushing youth :(