Which NBA Team Do You Support?

Started by Master Q, October 12, 2010, 08:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew3737

lol dude.

SAMPLE SIZE!!!!!!!

Bosh more clutch then Bron and Wade ldo.....

I can pretty much just ignore whatever you have to say if you think Bosh>LBJ and Wade in the last quarter or whenever.

It all has to do with sample size. It doesn't matter if Wade has a better FG% in the last 5 minutes. Bron has a better one overall. Has a better eFG%, TS%, 3pt%, FG%, PER, OWS, WS, AST% overall. Over a much BIGGER sample size.

For this reason Bron>Wade if they need something to happen.

Hulmie

Quote from: Andrew3737 on March 12, 2011, 02:55:45 PM
lol dude.

SAMPLE SIZE!!!!!!!

Bosh more clutch then Bron and Wade ldo.....

I can pretty much just ignore whatever you have to say if you think Bosh>LBJ and Wade in "clutch"

It all has to do with sample size. It doesn't matter if Wade has a better FG% in the last 5 minutes. Bron has a better one overall. Has a better eFG%, TS%, 3pt%, FG%, PER, OWS, WS, AST% overall. Over a much BIGGER sample size.

For this reason Bron>Wade if they need something to happen.

I was just throwing that Bosh stat in there.

But we ara talking about the Clutch and what these Stats show is that LeBron's outside game disapears in the clutch where as Wades get's better.

And stats back that up

Andrew3737

And I will say this again.

Clutch stats are incredibly unbalanced due to the sample size. It's like taking someone who has shot 10 3's for 50% over some who has 300 3's for 40%.

Hulmie

Quote from: Andrew3737 on March 12, 2011, 03:04:44 PM
And I will say this again.

Clutch stats are incredibly unbalanced due to the sample size. It's like taking someone who has shot 10 3's for 50% over some who has 300 3's for 40%.

http://www.82games.com/1011/CSORT11.HTM

Go to that site and it goes on your sample size it's shows that Wades 3 in the clutch it's twice as good as LeBrons in the clutch and they have had about the same amount of attempts.

Hulmie

Also im not talking about taking the ball completely out of James's hand because he is 1 of the best playmakers in the league but  think that the Heat should be giving more thought to giving Wade more shots in the clutch especially from the 3.

Andrew3737

I don't think you are getting it.

It's not about the two players having different amount attempts. It's about the total attempts. It's clearly not enough.

For example.

You flip a coin, it's 50% Heads and 50% Tails.

You may get 10 heads before you get a tails. You may get 5 heads before you get a tails. If you do it One Million times, you will find it to be around 50%-50% for both tails and heads.

LeBron shoots, say @ 45%. 45% in, 55% out. You may get 20 outs before an in. 10 in's before an out. etc etc.

If he shoots 1 million times, it will be around 45% in and 55% out.

The "clutch" stats are partial samples of these. So they are bloated one way or another without being on the correct percentage base.

Neither Wade or Bron are 3pt shooters. Bron has a better 3pt% over his whole career, rather then just 40-50 attempts in the last 24 seconds or whatever. 50 sample size compared to a few hundred is what makes these clutch stats not even real.

Sample size is everything in statistical analysis. If the sample size isn't great enough, it just doesn't work and is completely false.

Maca24

Hulmie to say Lebron plays point is a ridicolous claim.
Also i find that DWade is a rather good clutch shooter.
Id rather the ball in DWades hands than LeBrons in the clutch for mine.

Andrew3737

LeBron does play point though.... Not all the time, Wade and Bron take turns. Chalmers hardly ever plays @ the point.

Not debating about that.

Hulmie

But a clutch shot is different to any ole shot in a game.

A shot in the 1st quarter say scores are 12-12 is a lot easier than a shot in the 4th quarter with a minute to go scores are 84-85 there's a lot more pressure. And that's what makes regular NBA players different from NBA stars they perform in the clutch.

So what these stats show is how players perform under pressure. So what these show is that LeBron is superb at getting to the basket and making shots in the clutch and Wade performs better from the outside.

And Macca im not saying LeBron just plays point but he plays it a hell of alot though.

Andrew3737

Sample size is what makes the stats flawed though. Wade's career shooting isn' as good as LeBron's but in the last 24 seconds or whatever, it is. It's more of a running +EV for Wade and Bron running -EV. In the long run, LeBron is and will always be +EV in shooting, driving, assisting.

Hulmie

To be completely honest i think it's going to have to be something we are going to agree to disagree on.
You think LeBron, I think Wade.

;D

Andrew3737

littleblueboy2906

Cicjose

Quote from: Hulmie on March 12, 2011, 03:48:07 PM
To be completely honest i think it's going to have to be something we are going to agree to disagree on.
You think LeBron, I think Wade.

;D

I agree with Hulmie

reesbr