Main Menu

Bootstudder

Started by Junktimer, October 12, 2010, 06:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

Cruiseon

I hear what you ar saying & my favourite player of all time was Tony Lockett. But his ledgend would be enhanced, huge if he stayed at one club. A player like Robert Harvey will always be adored by St.Kilda more than Judd will be by a collective two clubs. This has nothing to do with their ability just how their legacy is judged.

Here are some on the other side of the fence just to name a few. Apart from being great players they are ledgends of their single clubs. Whitten, Skilton, Leigh Matthews, Adam Goodes, Keith Greg, Paul Kelly, Daicos, Ricciuto, Bartlett, Nicholls, Michael Tuck, Silvagni, Archer, Coventry.

The list goes on & on & I think these guys will have a ledgend legacy higher than Judd (Cousins is a little different) or Greg Willianms. The one exception may be Ron Barrassi.

Alex7089

I would respect Ron Barrassi a lot more if he had stayed at Melbourne...
He has said he left Melbourne because Carlton offered him more coin...
Melbourne still wanted him, Carlton was in the same area, the only reason left is money...

Judd left WCE to be with his family and he chose Carlton because Visy offered him money, yes, but even if they didn't he would want to come back to Victoria.
Diesel, I don't really care about :P

ossie85

Pfft, in modern football Judd could have afforded to bring his family to Perth. When it's all said and done, Judd - the Captain of a sinking ship - was the first off on the only life-boat :)

hawk_88

Quote from: Cruiseon on October 18, 2010, 01:02:39 PM
I hear what you ar saying & my favourite player of all time was Tony Lockett. But his ledgend would be enhanced, huge if he stayed at one club. A player like Robert Harvey will always be adored by St.Kilda more than Judd will be by a collective two clubs. This has nothing to do with their ability just how their legacy is judged.

That's the point though isn't it. Robert Harvey may be adored by St Kilda fans because he was a single club player, but it wouldn't make that much different the rest of the footy community if he wasn't.

Cruiseon

But Hawk, its the fierce loyalty of those fans which push the ledgend status further. When they are divided between a couple of clubs it is dimished.

A bit like you defending (if you are old enough) someone like Dipper or Peter Knights and keeping the flame burning as opposed to Terry Wallace who swapped clubs and has no real spiritual home.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Alex7089 on October 12, 2010, 07:02:04 PM
It doesn't exist but it is still sort of...there...
Unless you don't have access to the place.
wats this place? is it real or are u pulling my leg

Justin Bieber

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on October 18, 2010, 06:07:50 PM
Quote from: Alex7089 on October 12, 2010, 07:02:04 PM
It doesn't exist but it is still sort of...there...
Unless you don't have access to the place.
wats this place? is it real or are u pulling my leg
It's real but it doesn't appear to you :P.

bomberboy0618

chrisuzz

hawk_88

Quote from: Cruiseon on October 18, 2010, 05:37:57 PM

But Hawk, its the fierce loyalty of those fans which push the ledgend status further. When they are divided between a couple of clubs it is dimished.

A bit like you defending (if you are old enough) someone like Dipper or Peter Knights and keeping the flame burning as opposed to Terry Wallace who swapped clubs and has no real spiritual home.

I agree that might be the case for some, more often cult heros. There is no denying the effect is there however, in general, the truly great stand out based on their own achievements, no matter the club.

Alex7089

nas

Cruiseon

I've drunk from that 'Loving cup".