Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Quote from: BoredSaint on October 14, 2010, 10:40:34 PM
im 8 posts away from the next rank!!
You can do it BS!!! :D.

Justin Bieber

Junktimer

Quote from: Cruiseon on October 15, 2010, 11:41:25 AM

Chris Judd wil be remembered as the West Coast Premiership champion who came east & did a Gary Ablett, took the money to play with a crap team. The Brownlows show how good he is but cashing in ruined any chance of being a great, instead he ends up in the ranks of Lance Whitnall, captain of a dud club.

thats bull, he'll be remembered for his time at carlton.  and he didnt cash out like ablett, he came home, huge difference.  for instance, i have no ill feeling towards sam jacobs for leaving us for adelaide, but shaun grigg is dead to me now.

And we're not a dud club,we'll be there abouts over the next few years.

Fireballz

Chris Judd wil be remembered as the West Coast Premiership champion who came east & did a Gary Ablett, took the money to play with a crap team. The Brownlows show how good he is but cashing in ruined any chance of being a great, instead he ends up in the ranks of Lance Whitnall, captain of a dud club.
I think 2 brownlows, a norm smith medal, and being a premiership captain would qualify him as being great. Though I wouldn't be asking a collingwood supporter for confirmation.
Cruise if you're saying that to get a reaction, well played sir. But if you really think Chris Judd is just going to be remembered as the captain of a dud club.... wow  :o

Junktimer

Quote from: Fireballz on October 15, 2010, 04:39:40 PM

I think 2 brownlows, a norm smith medal, and being a premiership captain would qualify him as being great. Though I wouldn't be asking a collingwood supporter for confirmation.
Cruise if you're saying that to get a reaction, well played sir. But if you really think Chris Judd is just going to be remembered as the captain of a dud club.... wow  :o

you shouldnt ask a collingwood supporter cause theyre dumbasses

Master Q

He can't admit anything FB, don't worry, you should of known that by now.

Cruiseon

Always for a reaction Fireballz & causing some trouble.

Judd is still a martyer who chased cash though (remember him interviewing clubs, I mean really!) My point is one club greatness will always exceed those that jump ship especially when all of his achievements except for the 2010 Brownlow were at his old club.

Master Q

Was he really chasing money Cruise, like GAJ? He's from Melbourne, and wanted to move back here unlike GAJ who came from Geelong. Anyway, he was Captain and Just won a Brownlow, Norm Smith and a Premiership, I'm sure if he wanted to stay at WCE and wanted more money, he would of gotten it.

Fireballz

Quote from: Cruiseon on October 15, 2010, 05:14:07 PM

Always for a reaction Fireballz & causing some trouble.

Judd is still a martyer who chased cash though (remember him interviewing clubs, I mean really!) My point is one club greatness will always exceed those that jump ship especially when all of his achievements except for the 2010 Brownlow were at his old club.

Does that mean you would rate someone like Michael O'loughlin, who played over 300 games for the one club, higher than Chris Judd who acheived so much but left a club with a bad culture to return to his home state?
I definitely agree that one club greatness (James Hird) is rated higher than multiple club greatness (Greg Williams?) but its all greatness nonetheless.
So much greatness....

Alex7089

Quote from: Junktimer on October 15, 2010, 04:41:19 PM

you shouldnt ask a collingwood supporter cause theyre dumbasses
Actually, you shouldn't ask a Collingwood supporter because they are still drunk from the GF celebrations.
Once they sober up they know their footy as well as anyone...
Although I disagree, Judd is a modern superstar.

hawk_88

Quote from: Cruiseon on October 15, 2010, 05:14:07 PM

Like Taz...?

But really. He wanted to move to Melbourne. From that he chose Carlton, he had 9 potential suitors. If he had chosen Collingwood I doubt you'd be saying that.

Tony Lockett
Dermott Brereton
Greg Williams

All recent legends of the game, all multi-club players. I am sure there are more these just popped to mind. The single club greatness is a factor, but a slight one. The effect is much greater on the supporters of that single club than everyone else.

Alex7089

What about Ablett snr? PLayed at 2 clubs...
Wayne Carey.
Ben Cousins.

hawk_88

Quote from: Alex7089 on October 16, 2010, 02:14:42 PM
What about Ablett snr? PLayed at 2 clubs...
Wayne Carey.
Ben Cousins.

True, forgot about Carey and Ablett. Nathan Buckley as well now I think of it. Paul Salmon. There are heaps. Cousins is a little different.

DazBurg

Paul Salmon is the man  8) 8)
favorite all time player
the big fish gotta love him