On The Short List
50/50
Unlikely
NO

Fletch74

Jack Ziebell

2010 Stats
Games: 14
Total Score: 872 (Ranked 319th overall, 146th amongst midfielders, 83rd amongst forwards)
Average Score: 62.29 (Ranked 368th overall, 171st amongst midfielders, 93rd amongst forwards)
High: 110 (Round 1)
Low: 9 (Round 14) - injured
Standard Deviation: 25.45
Centuries: 1 out of 14
Starting Price: $320,800
High Price: $329,700 (round 6)
Lowest Price: $295,000(round 14)

Summary:

How much do we read into the second year blues? It seems quite common, we’ve had players like Rich suffer from the same situation, but then there are players like Hill from Fremantle who manage to defy that logic.

JZ has been a favourite of many SC fantasy coaches, but as of yet has not fulfilled what we all thought he would deliver.

JZ, whilst having a poor average, was extremely consistent. Take out the 9 in Round 14, his Standard Deviation would be 21. His price only fluctuated between $300K and $330K for all 13 games prior to his season ending injury.

The Crystal Ball:

Based on last year's magic number
Price: $330,800

Based on m0nty's fanplanner
Price: $315,000

Position: FWD/MID

No discount will be given to Ziebell next year. Entering his 3rd year, he may present some value for coaches looking for a good cash cow, and an alternative from the players from the elite clubs.

Will he maintain his MPP status? He played more in the midfield for the Roos this year.

Decision:

JZ will be a 50/50 for me. I’m undecided as to whether to give him a second chance. We know he has potential, but is also injury prone. It all depends on whether he maintains his MPP status.

Do you think his 3rd year will be his break out year?

ossie85

On the short list, unfortunately! Still happy with my Barlow-Ziebell trade for Swan-Blair though.

A great read as per usual...

Disagree that Hill defied 2nd year rule though, sure he improved as a player, but his fantasy output didn't improve enough IMO to justify anyone picking him last year.

Jay-Z will provide some flexibility... mid-priced players are hard to pick

Fletch74

Quote from: ossie85 on October 12, 2010, 10:21:11 AM
Disagree that Hill defied 2nd year rule though, sure he improved as a player, but his fantasy output didn't improve enough IMO to justify anyone picking him last year.
That's more what I was focusing on Ossie. I don't think anyone has been a good 2nd year pick in fantasy land. There is too much risk...

Maca24

im undecided to. at this stage its a no but we'll see how he goes.

BoredSaint

had him last year but traded him out for pods before he broke his leg..
unlikely for me next year.. but in a few years maybe.. :)

BratPack

Boomz

Cruiseon

ridley

ran a 30 sec
PB in the 3.2km trial recently

strongly considering

Knowall

Quote from: ridley on January 04, 2011, 03:09:48 PM
ran a 30 sec
PB in the 3.2km trial recently

strongly considering
I think ppl have been a bit harsh on him hes gunna be a gun, sooner or later hes going to have a breakout year and seems it could easily be this year as hes got his body right.  But i think im going to go Dangerfield over him

Alex7089

Dunno.
I want to see his pre-season first he is injury prone so probably a no.

If he kills it in the NAB Cup it is a maybe.

nas

Surely he will stay on the park this time round & the ol leg stands up to the rigors of the season. Still no for me tho.

j959

had him last year, not going to risk him this year.
his mid-price range just not tempting either way ... to quote Mr Miyagi in the Karate Kid ...

"you get the squish in the middle ... just like the grape."

MajorLazer

He has burned me twice now and isn't getting another opporotunity to do it again.

dylsta05

unlikey dont really see anything special