2011 Player Profiles: Jordan Gysberts

Started by Fletch74, October 11, 2010, 10:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will Gysberts get a second chance in your team?

Locked In
On The Short List
50/50
Unlikely
NO

Fletch74

Jordan Gysberts

2010 Stats
Games: 3
Total Score: 201 (Ranked 496th overall, 209th amongst midfielders)
Average Score: 85.27 (Ranked 308th overall, 150th amongst midfielders)
High: 94 (Round 10)
Low: 29 (Round 12)
Standard Deviation: 38.43
Centuries: 0 out of 3
Starting Price: $129,200
High Price: $181,100 (round 12)
Lowest Price: $129,200 â€" starting price

Summary:

Gysberts ended up being the Beau Muston of 2009. Most coaches jumped on after Round 11, only to see him fail in round 12 be dropped for the split round clash against the Pies, and never regain his spot due to injury and form.

The Crystal Ball:

Based on last year's magic number
Price: $355,800
40% Discount - $213,500

Based on m0nty's fanplanner
Price: $203,300 â€" 40 % Discount

Position: MID

Good midfielder who just couldn’t compete against some of Melbourne’s other up and coming midfielders in Trengove, Scully, and McKenzie last year.

Decision:

With that price, and with the bye situation this year, I will be watching him in the pre-season to see if he can gain a regular spot in Melbourne’s midfield. Maybe the retirement of James McDonald, might open a spot up for him?

It’s important, I think, not to have too many players from the one club in set positions next year and with ample rookies available from the Suns, he may provide an alternative for fantasy coaches...

Or will he continue down the track of Beau Muston...?

DazBurg

ossie85

Gysberts at a similar price that McKenzie started at last year. Will be interesting. Would be very surprised if he didn't get plenty of matches.

You're right Fletch, McDonald gone is interesting. Is possible they had Gysberts in mind when they forced Junior to retire....

Unlikely for me though. But you never know. It is possible he could actually be cheaper than Swallow, Bennell and co. So hmm....

hawk_88

Strongly considering this kid. Showed a lot. Think he is in the 22 so should be a good cheap mid pickup.

Maca24

nice hawk i like the kid to. however i cant fit him in. sorry gysy.

BoredSaint

unlikely for me even I love the kid.. especially love his name.. jizzspurts :)

Boomz

BratPack

He had 3 pretty decent games and still couldn't get back in. I can't say that bodes well. Pass

ossie85

He got injured! Which is why he couldn't get back in

dylsta05