0 (0%)
No
3 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 2

ossie85

Michael Barlow

2010 Stats
Games: 13
Total Score: 1508 (Ranked 143rd overall, 83rd amongst midfielders)
Average Score: 116.00 (Ranked 8th overall, 8th amongst midfielders)
High: 151 (Rounds 1 and 11)
Low: 53 (Round 3)
Standard Deviation: 31.03
Centuries: 9 out of 13
Starting Price: $111,400
High Price: $573,000 (round 13)
Low Price: $111,400 (round 1)

Summary:

2010 will be remembered for many things - Magpie Premiership, a drawn Grand Final, Cousins and Akermanis, Ablett saga, Franklin's goals - but something that all fantasy coaches will remember is the meteoric rise and cruel fall of Michael Barlow. Based on very good preseason form, fantasy coaches that knew anything about anything selected Barlow in their initial team, and most would have started him. But few would have expected Barlow to perform to elite levels from day 1.

151 as a debut score? Followed it up with 139? Six scores above 130 in 13 matches? His price rose over $450,000, and what many thought was a cash cow, turned out to be a premium keeper. A lot of people even made him captain. Was rewarded with the Best First Year player award from the Players Association.

Until Round 14 happened. When Barlow broke his leg and fantasy coaches saw the fairy tale end. He managed to score 86 in that game also! What was amazing though that all coaches found themselves able to do almost straight swaps for any midfielder they wanted - Swan, Ablett, Judd, Montagna, Selwood - whoever tickled their fancy.

Barlow was 2010 Supercoach's most valuable player.

The Crystal Ball:

Based on last year's magic number
Price: $616,100

Based on m0nty's fanplanner
Price: $586,600

Position: MID

No chance of a discount IMO. None. Recent articles say that Barlow is a chance for round 1 next year, but it would be a phenomenal effort if he could go anywhere close to 2010 coming off a serious injury.

Decision:

No from me. As much as I love Barlow, there is too much doubt over his leg at the moment. His price is simply too much, and it will be doubtful he would even be an upgrade target later in the year. 2nd year rule also applies.

But, you never know!

benjy251090

He will most likely come down in price at some stage and then I will jump on so long as he is playing good football

DazBurg

Quote from: benjy251090 on October 11, 2010, 08:51:50 AM
He will most likely come down in price at some stage and then I will jump on so long as he is playing good football
X2
if he gets back to the same form as 2010 later in the season an his prie has dropped will be an upgrade target

Fletch74

Upgrade Target of course. Will wait til he comes down to < $500K or there abouts. Will be the perfect upgrade ;)

It will take him time to recover and play well again, so we'll have to watch his form. I don't know if he'll find the form that he was in this year, hopefully he can.

BigV

If Barlow makes an amazing comeback and plays like 2010, it will be on of the most memorable moments of next season.  ???

Master Q

No, but is very close to being a Locked Upgrade Target.

Maca24

think he will start season very slow so should be a juicy upgrade by rd.8ish

BoredSaint

Quote from: Maca24 on October 11, 2010, 05:30:46 PM
think he will start season very slow so should be a juicy upgrade by rd.8ish
+1

Boomz

Will watch how he goes but most likely an upgrade target.

thatguy

Master Q

hawk_88

BratPack