Is MPP really that big of a deal in 2011??

Started by tferrier18, October 09, 2010, 01:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tferrier18

Quote from: hawk_88 on October 11, 2010, 01:23:10 AM
This is the AFL, you shouldn't presume anything with the fixture.
Yeah true...god I hate the afl

Prospector_1

Quote from: LiveTheDream on October 11, 2010, 04:55:00 PM
i think the best way to use this strategy will be to have MPP bench rookies.

That's what I'm thinking so far too!

Holz

i will only be doing one MPP and that is petriei n the forward line and daw on the ruck bench. Im a big believer in getting as many midfielders into the team as possible, so i wont be putting any MPP players in my midfield.

tferrier18

I know what you mean, I hate the thought of having Chapman or Goodes in my midfield when I can have them in the fwd line where there are hardly any premium options and I can spend that money on an awesome mid.

There are so many options in the midfield, but having a focus on mpp takes one or two midfield spots away...

I think I'll only have Goddard as mpp in my mids. Might have the waite/talia mpp with fwds/backs to make up for no mid/fwd mpp. Petrie mpp of course is a given.

Cruiseon

We will know much more with the draw out shortly.

tferrier18

Maca24

its out. think ill have goddard in mids and M/F mpp through the bench.
looking forward to next year will require new strategies  :)

HTM

MajorLazer

MPP will be useful for use with the byes.

eg. Pav in the mids and Roo is on his bye. If you have a better mid bench (and have MPP in the forward line) you can switch Pav for the MPP player, play the mid bencher on the field and not lose as many points in your forwards and mids.

jimmytigs

i got a bit excited about it last year but overall i hardly used it or benefited from it so gotta think its overated.If the fanplanner is any guide for this year you wouldnt use it for c/f or r/b & even r/f is iffy unless a guy like majak daw comes up,without him its petrie/tippett/m.johnson.Tippets a bit of a spud & johnson may be too pricey to justify it.

plenty of choices for b/f so handy there & c/b with goddard & hodge is ok because goddard is rated higher than any other mid.with c/f if you had say didak/chappy then your cutting out an ablett,swan or judd i just cant justify it as i can with goddard & there are no cheap viable c/f at this point,i cant justify a dylan mcneill of sydney & cutting out a a.krakouer or d.swallow or 1 of the other young guys.

Imagine chappy & d.mcneill or judd & a.krakouer,sorry guys unless a viable cheap c/f emerges i cant go with it

LiveTheDream

Agree with you there JT. People should not be willing to sacrifice the better rookies/players just so you can swap them around to save a few points.

My plan at the moment is to start with the best rookies in each position, regardless of MPP, and then downgrade one later in the season so that i have one MPP rookie on each line, only as a last resort.

If you plan your team well, you wont actually need MPP till probably halfway through the season anyway.

tferrier18

Yeah definitely agree.

If you can get your bench right then mpp doesn't need to be used that much. If you have players that get games and are from different teams than the starting players in that position then you'll be fine.

tom_scully

Quote from: hawk_88 on October 09, 2010, 02:25:48 PM
Yes. The value last season was in injuries. Not necessarily to select which rookies, but to even get 22 on the park.

MPP's value kicks in around round 12 when injuries and suspensions start to pile up. It allows you to avoid 0's and minimise trades.

Perfectly said - end topic