Main Menu

PRICE

Started by bazza16, April 15, 2009, 11:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bazza16

Hi,
i was wondering if any of you knew anything about the SC price system..... do previous rounds affect the price? for instance, say if player a has risen by 20k in the first three rounds, and then scores a breakeven (a's starting price + 20k divided by "magic number), would his price still increase? another example is say if player B's starting price (at the start of the year) was 100k, and he (after three rounds) is now 150 k, and then scores a breakeven for someone on 150 k, would his price still increase (aka momentum??) This applies to my team in the way that i am considering swapping chapman or goodwin for Harvey, but if momentum carries over, i will wait a few more rounds before snapping Harvey up.... Thanks
a lot
MIchael.

pgillw

Mate, the pricing mechanism is based on a rolling 3 week average.  I.e. if Kane Cornes is 412K with a 100 average and scores 3 100s in a row, his price will not change.

HOWEVER, the breakeven is in place to aid you on a weekly basis.  So if his BE is 120, that is what he needs to "even out" his three week average so that his price remains at the previous round's amount.

To summarise, if you're already thinking of trading out Goodwin or Chapman for Boomer, you're no threat.  Hold your trades, man.

bazza16

ok thanks a lot - so previous weeks hold no sway over future weeks prices?
Why shouldn't i get boomer? He could very well go up?
thanks again

Wellsmagic

Harvey's B/E in SC this week is, 185. So even as a Kangas fan, if he reaches that mark, I'll eat my own hat...............

mt_williams22

Hi Wellsmagic

Just wondering how you work out Supercoach breakevens?
Is there a site that calculates or a spreadsheet??
Cheers

bazza16

http://tooserious.net/?page=blog there you go wiliam- you have to register to go to the main page to access the calculators etc... very good site

bazza16

thanks pgillw- i GET it now THNK!S