Main Menu

Spring Cup Rules and Draw

Started by Master Q, October 06, 2010, 04:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

First the Rules.

Rule 1# - All games are 50 Over Matches

Rule 2# - Pitch Conditions are already made (Check Page 2 For Round 1 Conditions)

Rule 3# - Only challenge the person you are up against when I say so.

--------------------------

That's most of them  :P

Now the Draw:

(Note: I don't have team names, when it's your turn to challenge, please list your name)

Hawka v Reesbr

HP v Shaggy

Alex v CF

R&B v Rooster

ML v Daz

BOOMZ v Pyronerd

Benjy v TheWookie

Zz v Q

Hawka/Reesbr and HP/Shaggy, it is your turn to challenge.Your match may not be earlier than the 9th of October , once you have challenged, list the Date to be played, and both teams named. If it is not a 50 Over match and and do not follow the pitch conditions, do not accept. Only challenge when it is your turn.

Alex7089

Should be a good game against CF it will be very interesting :D

Boomz

Who's pyronerd? are they good? lol

DazBurg

8-6 Suited

This draw is rigged... I demand a redraw! lol

Challenge Team

There are no free challenge slots available within the next two weeks

Can't challenge him. :( Yet anyway.

Master Q

Try get HP to challenge you, if you can't challenge each other then I'll redraw you 2.

DazBurg

Quote from: Master Q on October 06, 2010, 05:16:51 PM
Try get HP to challenge you, if you can't challenge each other then I'll redraw you 2.
i think it's because most of us have already booked friendlies with each other before Ax even made his thread about the comp see i got Ax tomorrow and then R&B on sunday

maybe we need to cancel some of the ones we got to challenge the people u have drew out for us?

8-6 Suited

I might have to cancel one of my friendlies. Will talk to those guys shortly.

Although I kind of object to a Hard pitch, as it isn't very enjoyable for people with strong spin attacks either. Should do a random draw, of which everyone uses for the first round, then another random draw of weather and pitch conditions for round 2... Yada yada.

That way it is ultimately fair.

benjy251090

Suggestion?

How about we do what fletch did with the soccer board and get a non-bias person, possibly Q, to pick a number between 1 and 100 and the closer of the 2 players get to be home and choose their pitch?

DazBurg

Quote from: benjy251090 on October 06, 2010, 05:26:01 PM
Suggestion?

How about we do what fletch did with the soccer board and get a non-bias person, possibly Q, to pick a number between 1 and 100 and the closer of the 2 players get to be home and choose their pitch?
either way doesn't bother me
lets just get it on... :P

8-6 Suited

Pitch:

1 Sticky   
2 Uneven   
3 Green   
4 Hard   
5 Flat   
6 Slow   
7 Dry   
8 Crumbling   

Weather:

1 Hot
2 Humid
3 Sunny
4 Cloudy
5 Windy
6 Overcast

Now, use something like http://www.random.org/ and change the Max on the right hand side to the highest number in each, and then just randomly select one lot for all round 1 games.

That in my opinion is the easiest and fairest way for all.

Master Q

8-6 the draw was totally random. I can't think of a way to settle a pitch, and it doesn't make a huge difference anyway. Hard favours Batsmen, and helps Fast and Fast Medium bowlers, it's the best we could do with.

8-6 Suited

Not everyone has fast bowlers though Q. R&B doesn't. Where as I have 2 of them, a FM and multiple Mediums that could do serious damage to a lot of the teams in the list. Slightly unfair to them with a Hard pitch. That's all I'm saying mate.

And the draw itself is fine, I have no problems with it. Just the pitch I don't think is entirely fair to all so a random draw for the conditions of the round would probably be better off, that's all I'm saying mate.

Master Q

Ok cool, would you mind getting the Pitch conditions done then?

DazBurg

i got a left fast medium
2 mediums
2 spinners
thats what i play with