Main Menu

Spring Cup Rules and Draw

Started by Master Q, October 06, 2010, 04:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

Quote from: roo boys! on October 17, 2010, 05:30:26 PM
And thinks Q does sometimes don't make sense ;) But they always work out.
Well sometimes his ideas are far fetched but you're right, never doubt him as he thinks ahead and he is always bloody right :D

MajorLazer

Well if I am playing BOOMZ I might have to start scouting. :P

McRooster

Woah! WTF - by 21 runs  :-[

What an upset!

Sorry RB, however I am happy I won. The pitch certainly was never going to favour de Vreeze but the experience of Hogg and the introduction of my best junior wristy - Matt Swift -  looks to have paid dividends (3 fer each).

Going to read through the match commentary now to see how it unfolded.

p.s. RB my Golf day was good for the club but so/so for me, no prizes but enjoyed the free lunch and booze  ;)

I had promised to challenge Wookie when I lost and I see he's still in - so maybe we could play each other?? I have received more random youth challenges today  while I've been out and have one already pencilled in against Weed Whackers on the 21st.

How many can you have on the go - is it 2 friendlies per fortnight?

Master Q

For those who haven't played, it's really easy to win if you choose your squad right, all you need to do is have Spinners! I went in with none because I didn't have any and got crushed.

Boomz

Not really Q it doesnt favour spinners majorely...

DazBurg

yeah i played 2 and lost and they ain't crap either

McRooster

I had only one spinner (an elevated youth) and RB had 2 - including the mighty Hof, so a mixed attack would be more the go  ;)

roo boys!

Yeah van den Hof didn't do too much with the ball, held his own I suppose with the bat, made over 10 ;D

McRooster

Humid weather didn't allow him to get much grip  :)

roo boys!

I wish Swift didn't have any grip >:(

McRooster

Very promising junior - bats well too!

I will play him every time it is a spinner suited pitch  ;)

Saves me having to recruit one into my senior squad.

roo boys!

How can someone with a 18,000 rating take 3 more wickets than someone with a 41,000 rating >:(

8-6 Suited

No one will back me, you all suck. :P Great win today for my boys, but probably shouldn't have even had that chance. Disappointing top order batsmen except for McCarthy, Baker failed me today but still is my hero. Kaushik sucked as usual and Thornton got his regular shower start.

Losing my patience on that kid.

Justin Bieber

You think my batsman are any better :P.

Habib and Maybe are solid along with Allen (so far) and McFarlane. Then Selth rarely does anything and van der Hoeven is so inconsistent he makes Old Neon look consistent ;).

McRooster

Quote from: roo boys! on October 17, 2010, 08:03:39 PM
How can someone with a 18,000 rating take 3 more wickets than someone with a 41,000 rating >:(
I suppose that's the way the cookie crumbles  :D