Main Menu

Cricket Dream Team!

Started by ossie85, October 04, 2010, 08:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

Tcch mine was bad, was a one dayer (don't know why ::) ) and coach wanted to give everyone a go because it's the first game and he wanted to see everyone (isn't that what training is for? ::) )so he retired us if we made 25*, which I did off about 3 overs, then I kept for half the match before bowling a few overs at the end, picked up a wicket and two catches in the field :)

Still angry that it was a one dayer though, haven't played one for ages before today ::)

Alex7089

Haha R&B, I kept a little, it was unusual one of our regular keepers left for another club so I had to stand in, got a runout, stumping and a catch...

roo boys!

Not a bad effort :P

The guy in my team who says he's a full-time keeper wanted to keep but the coach wanted me to keep for half of it, because I kept for him a bit last season, and I let through 1 bye and took a catch, and then the other guy let through like 8 byes or something ::)

But I don't really want to keep anymore,  because I am a bowler and when I don't keep, I get to bowl ::)

chrisuzz

i think im going to get a choice of were i bat thiis year, not really any batters in my team im thinking 3 or opening at the bowlers end 8)

roo boys!

I like batting middle order :)

Alex7089

Yeah I open at the bowlers end every week Zz.
Last year sort of rotated between 1st drop and opening w/o strike because opening isn't my favourite thing but this year the coach says I have to :'(

I'm like you R&B the lower in the order the better for me I don't like the pressure of opening :(
Yeah keepers who concede byes are horrible >:(
A couple flew down the left side and gave me a chance to take the dramatic dive 8)
The other team was pretty bad though, so not much work...

roo boys!

5th is probably my favourite place to bat, although I also like 4th.

Yeah my only bye bounced on the edge of the pitch and kept low, off the opening bowlers.

Love the dramatic saves ;D

nas

I like being 12th man as never bats & 1/2 full on the fence (Hic hic)

roo boys!

CrowsFan

Back when I used to play I would face the first ball every time, plus I was also the keeper so I rarely got bored

Alex7089

I don't think cricket really gets boring anyway ::)
Well not for me, I come in early and usually stick around then fielding takes a lot more concentration than people realise ::)

roo boys!

Yeah fielding never gets boring I don't think. Well unless you are fine leg or something :P

Alex7089

You only get put at fine leg unless you are sh*thouse or just dropped a catch.
I one game we were 250 runs up and they were nine down, keeper dropped a catch and the coach sent him down to fine ;D

roo boys!

lol ;D

I like point, mid on/off or mid-wicket.

Dont mind going in close though :)

chrisuzz

im usually short cover/mid wicket like it close but for some reason i always stugle in the slips, like the ball gettin smashed at me though, you gett to take dramatic catches at short mid wicket/cover