Main Menu

FTP FF Friendly League - Knockout

Started by Alex7089, October 03, 2010, 09:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex7089

OK, so we have been talking about starting a friendly league between the users on FF.
Seeing as it costs money to start an official competition we will start our own unofficial league!
-The Rules Are-
Every week you must play your first team (this will not affect players fatigue, don't worry)
Once you lose, you are out of the competition, although you can play other teams who have been knocked out (ie. losers of the semis play for 3rd)
Every game must be 50 overs
Have fun!
How It Will Work
OK, so, basically I have split it into 2 leagues.
Legends League & Awesome league. In Legends league it will simply be win and go through, the winner of the league will go through to the Championship Final.
For the Awesome League there will be three matches in the first week and the team with the biggest win will go straight though to the league final, while the two that won by smaller margins will fight for a place in the league final. The two winners of the league final will go to the Championship final where one team will be crowned Champions Of Fanfooty (FTP)
Round 1
Teams to play on The 24th Of October At 00:30 (FTP time)
Legends League
Master Q Vs Dazburg
roo boys! Vs BOOMZ
Hellopplz Vs BratPack
reesbr Vs benjy251090
Awesome League
8-6 suited Vs chrisuzz
Alex7089 Vs McRooster
MajorLazer Vs hawka26

*NOTE: that I have entered all the teams that I often see in the FTP board, if you are not in and you would like to be, just say and I will put you in ;)
*NOTE: I know this is flawed and I am very open to suggestions as I am sure there are better ways of doing this but I can't work it out!

Boomz

hm.. I need to get in some better players if I'm to have any chance against R&B...

Alex7089

I was trying to pick even games but started to run out of teams haha the fixture can and probably will be changed but just trying to get the concept for now.

MajorLazer

It would be good if we could get 2 more teams

DazBurg

nice Ax the one problem i'd put though is reesbr can probably beat all of us anyways but still putting benjy against him maybe reesbr should of at least played HP or R&B or BP because at least they didn't just join in the last month or so

though he'd probably beat them too simply stating they'd have at least more of a chance then benjy would

MajorLazer

Are you saying that you want to play him Daz?

DazBurg

Quote from: MajorLazer on October 03, 2010, 10:51:01 PM
Are you saying that you want to play him Daz?
hell i'll take him
i'll be out first round but i like to bat above my weight in challenge's...lol.
i won my first today against benjy 1 from 8 i am
but before him i've played my brother BP twice,HP,R&B and some others that have found me that were memebers longer then me

i myself only been a member since august 28 2010
but i'll take the challenge haven't faced him yet  ;)

MajorLazer

I played CC this morning and got killed
only signed up for FTP a couple days ago

DazBurg

Quote from: MajorLazer on October 03, 2010, 11:00:46 PM
I played CC this morning and got killed
only signed up for FTP a couple days ago
yeah i know u only signed up a couple of days ago i noticed it  ;)
yeah CC would kill everyone on here
though reesbr would give him a run
not sure how good Val is
but even R&B, an HP would be smashed by CC is he played a close to full strength side

MajorLazer

Yer i think i play Valk in 20/20 and CC beat me by 300 or more but i got one of his openers out for 199 :P

DazBurg

Quote from: MajorLazer on October 03, 2010, 11:07:24 PM
Yer i think i play Valk in 20/20 and CC beat me by 300 or more but i got one of his openers out for 199 :P
that is a good effort
i mean his the kenya NAT manager
he knows his stuff  ;)

Justin Bieber

My team sucks :P.

Good to see somebody followed up on ym suggestion ;).

Get ready to be destroyed BP 8).

DazBurg

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 03, 2010, 11:14:38 PM

yay go HP....*shakes pom poms*

i still haven't got over that last defeat in my last friendly with BP 2 runs from a misfield in last over needed one damn wicket

so i'm going for u HP  8)

BratPack

Quote from: DazBurg on October 03, 2010, 11:16:23 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on October 03, 2010, 11:14:38 PM

yay go HP....*shakes pom poms*

i still haven't got over that last defeat in my last friendly with BP 2 runs from a misfield in last over needed one damn wicket

so i'm going for u HP  8)

Quiet you!

I wanna re-draw  :P

MajorLazer

I'm really happy I'm in the other league