4 (7.1%)
No
2 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Junktimer

Andy Otten

2009 Stats (didn't play in 2010)
Games: 22
Total Score:1673 (Ranked 91st overall,  24th amongst defenders)
Average Score: 76.0
High: 130 (Round 5)
Centuries: 3
Starting Price: 134,600

Summary:
Andy Otten in his 24 games has shown the vital signs of a great supercoach player, he has consistency, is effective, and takes marks.  After finishing second in the rising star in 2009, he did his knee in a training session in pre season and thus he was denied any games in 2010,  but he will be hungry for a big year in 2011. 

The Crystal Ball:

Price: 242,300 or 282,700 (depending on discount)

Position: DEF

Otten will be back this year, most likely round 1, and if he gets his body right he will play 22 games.

Decision:
Andy Otten will be an absolute bargain if he can retain his 2009 form, his consistency is what most supercoaches will love about him.  There is always a risk, however, in getting somebody after they have had an ACL injury.  But Otten's young body makes me think he will be able to shake it off.

benjy251090

good whitefriars boy, locked in ;)

Boomz

BoredSaint

Bosh

Maca24

ossie85

Nope. Very unlikely.

Given he missed all of last year, I reckon 2011 counts as his 2nd year. 2nd year players are a no.

Everyone was locking in Rhys Palmer last year. Otten was that great a scorer in 2009

Maca24

Quote from: ossie85 on October 03, 2010, 08:09:32 PM

Nope. Very unlikely.

Given he missed all of last year, I reckon 2011 counts as his 2nd year. 2nd year players are a no.

Everyone was locking in Rhys Palmer last year. Otten was that great a scorer in 2009
:o

ossie85

Sorry, shoulda said "wasn't that great a scorer"

Junktimer

it was his second year, he played two games in 08

ossie85

Ah, well there you go.

Still unlikely to get him!

Why are we excited about a guy who only averaged 70 odd in his last season? Get the same output from a player half the price!

ronl

The lure of a bargain cheapie who might average 90+ appeals to the greed in all of us (Malceski last year, good example) however I tend to agree with you Oz, this kid really hasn't proven himself.  I still might get him, but am very wary and would want to see a ripper pre-season to convince me.

DazBurg

Quote from: ronl on October 04, 2010, 02:07:43 PM
The lure of a bargain cheapie who might average 90+ appeals to the greed in all of us (Malceski last year, good example) however I tend to agree with you Oz, this kid really hasn't proven himself.  I still might get him, but am very wary and would want to see a ripper pre-season to convince me.
this
plus with everyone looking to lock him in makes me think of taking someone else

CrowsFan

I think why everyone is excited ossie is cos there aren't very many cheap backs to pick from this year. Even if he does only average 70 odd again you will still make money from him and then upgrade him to a premium

Fletch74

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 04, 2010, 05:03:48 PM
I think why everyone is excited ossie is cos there aren't very many cheap backs to pick from this year. Even if he does only average 70 odd again you will still make money from him and then upgrade him to a premium
+1 Agree. He will be the Cash Cow, but he could become a Malceski too