THE TIPPETT SAGA

Started by ronl, September 26, 2010, 11:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronl

After I finally unloaded him mid-year I swore that Kurt's shadow would never darken my changeroom door again.  However, upon reflection and in the cool light of day, have some of us expected too much from Kurt?  After all, he is a big, big boy, and big boys take time to mature, 3 to 4 years or even longer.
Why I ask is that I currently have him pencilled in as second ruck to Sandi rotating, if necessary, with Petrie in the forward line.  The BIG Question is will Kurt let me down again?  Anyone else thinking along these lines?

ossie85

Yeah Tippett's on my short list also...

Had a bit of talk about it on the players board

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,21700.0.html

Boomz

I dont want to touch him but he is still in the back of my mind...

McRooster

Quote from: ronl on September 26, 2010, 11:01:10 AM
After I finally unloaded him mid-year I swore that Kurt's shadow would never darken my changeroom door again.  However, upon reflection and in the cool light of day, have some of us expected too much from Kurt?  After all, he is a big, big boy, and big boys take time to mature, 3 to 4 years or even longer.
Why I ask is that I currently have him pencilled in as second ruck to Sandi rotating, if necessary, with Petrie in the forward line.  The BIG Question is will Kurt let me down again?  Anyone else thinking along these lines?
Sandi and Petrie locked.
Sam Day next on the ruck bench and then maybe a $ minimum listed player.
Kurt maybe as a 7th fwd for that MPP into ruck and if he spuds it up then you can sit him on your fwd bench with two mates.

Maca24

Quote from: McRooster on September 26, 2010, 12:30:06 PM
Quote from: ronl on September 26, 2010, 11:01:10 AM
Sandi and Petrie locked.
Sam Day next on the ruck bench and then maybe a $ minimum listed player.
Kurt maybe as a 7th fwd for that MPP into ruck and if he spuds it up then you can sit him on your fwd bench with two mates.
agreed. sandi and petrie for me no doubt barring injury

Bosh

It's best too start with two lock ruckmen has you don't have to worry about them thoughout year (barring injury). Sandi and Mumford for mine.

Justin Bieber

Mumford even with Seaby coming back in to cut into his time. And maybe even the Canadian Sensation, Mike Pyke?