ossie85

Quote from: naste on December 21, 2010, 10:37:47 AM
Not 100% sure but I think ossie is hoping Day is a R/F. IMO

Indeed I am :)

My team's changed remarkably since then btw lol

Luigi197

Quote from: ossie85 on October 28, 2010, 02:02:23 PM
And a new version!

This is my 'all my eggs in one basket' team. Where I'm effectively forfeiting any round a certain team has a bye in, and heavily backed my team with players from one team. The team? Well, the 2010 premiers of course.

Collingwood players: 8

Defenders

The Starting 7
Goddard (M), Hodge (M), Deledio (M), Kelly (M), H Shaw, R Murphy (F), Iles

Now, I'm not entirely happy with Rob Murphy, and he will be the first player to go if I can rearrange the team somewhat. Like the team though, 5 back keepers already, leaving only Murphy and one of my 4 rookies to be upgraded.

The Benchies

K Hunt, Lisle, Retzlaff (F)

Still backing Hunt to get at least early games, and therefore be a cash cow at least a bit. Lisle and Retzlaff must've been close last year, and would back a quick debut from both.

Midfielders

The Starting 6
Swan, Pendlebury, Corey, Swallow, Krakouer, Liberatore

3 keepers (hopefully Corey returns to some form), Swallow and Krakouer should get plenty of games, and my 6th player is Libba (currently $900 short of Wallis) and is my clear weak link.

The Benchies
Clarke (D), Winmar (F), C Beams

Mostly picked for MPP convenience, being able to call reserves from Def and Mid will be very handy.

Ruck

The Starting 2
Sandilands, Jolly

2 keepers in the ruck. Locked and loaded

The Benchies
Z Smith, Daw (F)

Two young guns, with Daw selected in order to provide some handy MPP to bring in Petrie from forward line if required.

Forwards

The Starting 7
Chapman (M), N Riewoldt, Didak (M), Thomas, Sidebotom (M), Petrie (R), Matera

Sidebottom is my risk in that, like everyone hoping for Petrie. Weak 7th forward in Matera and could very well change.

The Benchies

Talia (D), A Hooper, McNeill (M)

Flexibility here, and quite happy.

Hey Ossie, 8/10 for me

BACKS: Shaw and Murphy could be slow starters, as well as Kelly and Hunt, so watch them carefully over pre-season... Would go Toy over Iles IMO... and you would want a better and/or higher draftee in there such as Heppel, Jacobs, C Richo or Watson...
MIDS: Not convinced that Corey will have a big year this year IMO, look to upgrade to a premium or switch to a mid-pricer such as L Anthony... And as the backs, you will want some better rookies such as Wallis or Gaff IMO instead of Liber and Clarke or Winmar...
RUCKS: No problem = No trades... at least we think...
FORWARDS: Not too bad ... Not much to say

In terms of your collingwood players strategy: they have got a remarkable fixture and are a strong team... Though remember that only if it is a 150 to 30 demolition where more than 8 players will get over 100, so its really risky putting your hope on 8 players from the same team... Then come the bye, considering they are in no byes with more than one team, it'll kill your team, just like that; but for your sake, we hope that Supercoach announces your League fixture before the lockout so you can re-consider your team options accordingly...

Sorry for seeing your team so late, but good effort.

Luigi