Main Menu

The Bye

Started by ossie85, September 23, 2010, 08:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cruiseon

Gotta get off the mark early this year - Suns have a bye in round 1 yeah?

ossie85

The byes

* - dead round for SC

Round 1 bye: Gold Coast
2: Adelaide
3: North Melbourne
*4: Bisbane, St. Kilda, Bulldogs
*5: Melbourne, Sydney, West Coast
*6: Fremantle, Geelong, Hawthorn
7: Collingwood
8: Carlton
9: Gold Coast
10: Essendon
11: Richmond
12: Port Adelaide
13: Collingwood
14: St. Kilda
15: West Coast
*16: Adelaide, Fremantle, Melbourne
17: Hawthorn
18: Port Adelaide
*19: Brisbane, Richmond, Sydney
20: Western Bulldogs
21: North Melbourne
22: Geelong
23: Carlton
24: Essendon

Perfect Teams: 0 byes (both byes in the 5 non-playing rounds for the year)
Brisbane (*4, *19), Fremantle (*6, *16), Melbourne (*5, *16), Sydney (*5, *19)

Great Teams: 1 bye in regular season, 0 byes in finals (other bye in the 5 non-playing rounds for the year)
Adelaide (2, *16), Hawthorn (*6, 17), Richmond (11, *19), St. Kilda (*4, 14), West Coast (*5, 15), Bulldogs (*4, 20)

Danger teams: 0 byes in regular season, 1 bye in finals (other bye in the 5 non-playing rounds)
Geelong (*6, 22)

Bad Teams: 2 byes in regular season
Collingwood (7, 13), Gold Coast (1, 9), Port Adelaide (12, 18)

Toxic teams: 1 bye in regular season, 1 bye in finals
Carlton (8, 23), Essendon (10, 24), North Melbourne (3, 21)

Surely-it-couldn't-happen-teams: 2 byes in finals
Nil

ossie85

Geez it is going to be boring between rounds 4 and 6 this year! Seriously, what are we going to do?

Fletch74

Load up on Brisbane, fremantle, Sydney and Melbourne players next year by the looks of it. Byes won't make a scrap off difference for league matches.

Going to all come down to timing of trading players for when byes are coming up I think. Will have to be a lot more planning around the draw next year.

Maca24

agreed byes shouldnt affect league games a hell of a lot if you even your team out. will try and offload my GC rookies before the round 9 bye.

CrowsFan

Geelong may not be a worry if you finish in the top 4 of your leagues. Because the would have their bye in the second round of the finals so if you won in the first round you will get the week off and not have to worry the selwood, enright etc aren't playing :)

ossie85

There is a much stronger argument this year in the "League v Overall ranking" argument.

Personally, I think byes will still play a huge part in league games!

Have two teams averaging 2200, the week they play each other one team has 2 premiums out and the other has none? Big impact.

8-6 Suited

I'll be taking part in a cash league again this season in which I will be aiming to win, not losing due to people resting players in the grand final and losing by 26. -_-

Overall is more important in my opinion though. Which is why I will be not loading up on any 1 team to avoid bye weeks and such. Smart trading, solid bench and cover is easy. MPP will be the biggest argument this season in SC but it will be also the most important.

Fletch74

Agree Shaggy. MPP looks to definitely be the key this year to assist with the byes.

It will be extremely important to have that week off for the second round of the finals. Teams will have more premiums from Geelong than any of the other finals teams.

Jas 13

I guess one of the key factors is that you don't pick premiums who you rely on to score big points from clubs with the bye from round 23 & 24 (22 at a stretch), it will kill you cause you won't have trades to replace them...

Sorry Juddy, Kruz, Murphy, Simpson, Gibbs, Watson and Ryder you won’t be in my team at the end of next year!

Will probably only start with maybe 1 or 2 of you and I don’t fancy changing my ruckmen during the year....

tferrier18

Hey guys,

Could someone please explain to me what happens during the rounds where 3 teams have a bye? Something about a 'non-playing week'? I'm a bit behind on knowing everything about the bye.

Cheers!

hawk_88

My understanding it is a non-scoring which means no league matches and no scores that contribute to your overall ranking. However the games still affect the price of any players that play.

ossie85

Are you sure about the overall ranking? I've just assumed that although the byes won't count for league matches, they'd count overall. But have nothing to back this up.

Yeah, so for rounds 4, 5, 6, 16 and 19 there will be no league matches. League matches also start in round 1 instead of round 4

Cruiseon

Very interesting, its all very very interesting.

hawk_88

Quote from: ossie85 on October 29, 2010, 02:19:04 PM

Are you sure about the overall ranking? I've just assumed that although the byes won't count for league matches, they'd count overall. But have nothing to back this up.

Yeah, so for rounds 4, 5, 6, 16 and 19 there will be no league matches. League matches also start in round 1 instead of round 4

Not 100% as what I have read makes is sound rather vague but that is the impression I got. It makes sense though, the game becomes unbalanced with 3 byes so league matches are not played. If SC rankings are treated like a comp (which they are given the prizes) it makes sense that unbalanced rounds don't count either.