Main Menu

The Bye

Started by ossie85, September 23, 2010, 08:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawk_88

Justin Bieber

Wouldn't say it's vital. Important suits it better.

Gonna have Xavier Clarke on the mids bench (if he plays) and Pavlich/another F/C in the centre. Gives me some flexibility around the grounds. Also to mention Dowler and Talia (Dowler down back, Talia up forward bench) if both get games.

wcarey

Has any one told you that you are the oracle hello people. How do you know everything?

ossie85

He is the keeper of the Crystal Ball!

wcarey

How did he know that MPP will be important next year rather than vital? He sure knows it all.

hawk_88

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 24, 2010, 09:56:00 AM
Wouldn't say it's vital. Important suits it better.

One might suggest they are synonyms :P but I get your point.

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 24, 2010, 09:56:00 AM
Gonna have Xavier Clarke on the mids bench (if he plays) and Pavlich/another F/C in the centre. Gives me some flexibility around the grounds. Also to mention Dowler and Talia (Dowler down back, Talia up forward bench) if both get games.

Dowler will be lucky to still be on the Hawthorn list. Wasn't even getting games in the seniors at Box Hill by the end of the season.

Justin Bieber

That's why I think he could possibly be traded ;). Just speculation at this stage but keeping an eye out for him.

hawk_88

Hawks would probably love to... not sure how much currency he has though. At best I can see him being de-listed and being picked up in the draft.

Justin Bieber

Still young and play forward or back. Don't think he'll fetch much on the market but is still servicable and can be moulded. Hopefully he can get games somewhere next year :P.

One of my favs down at the Hawks.

hawk_88

I know what you mean. Thought he had finally found something at the end of 2009. Watched him twice this year at Box Hill. I'm not sure if he will break into a senior side consistently at any club but if he does it wont be at the Hawks.

From the Hawks perspective I just hope we can get something for him.

ossie85

Right! Draw announced tonight... everyone in agreement of these categories

Perfect Teams: 0 byes (both byes in the 5 non-playing rounds for the year)

Great Teams: 1 bye in regular season, 0 byes in finals (other bye in the 5 non-playing rounds for the year)

Danger teams: 0 byes in regular season, 1 bye in finals (other bye in the 5 non-playing rounds)

Bad Teams: 2 byes in regular season

Toxic teams: 1 bye in regular season, 1 bye in finals

Surely-it-couldn't-happen-teams: 2 byes in finals

Cruiseon

It is an interesting discussion.

Are we really going to have 5 weeks/rounds with no Supercoach at all?

I think teams that have their byes in the first 3 rounds are also worth noting, gets them out of the way before the real stuff begins.

ossie85

Real stuff begins in round 1 this year Cruize! Better be ready to begin with

CrowsFan

Your going to love it if collingwood have both their byes in the non playing rounds aren't you ossie ;)

ossie85

oh yes :) an excuse to be very, very bias