1 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

ossie85

Sam Day

Links:

Herald Sun confirms Gold Coast decision
Have a look at this at the U18s

Summary:

The Gold Coast suns have reportedly decided that one of the top 3 picks they use will be on Sam Day (the other two being David Swallow and Harley Bennell). A massive 197cm tall, atheletic tall forward, with an 81 cm vertical leap. From all accounts, a superstar in the making.

The Crystal Ball:

Based on price of last year's draftees

Price: $169,200 - $179,200
Position: FWD or FWD/RUC

Generally, key position players need time to develop (Jack Watts, Scott Gumbleton, Ben Reid, etc). The Gold Coast may be different though. They don't have many ready-made key position players and Day should get a start early, and play quite a bit. Rumours are he can play in the ruck, another potential problem area for the Gold Coast, and a cheap MPP Fwd/Ruc will be gold for fantasy coaches. Will make Lobbe look pretty ordinary!

Price? Hard to say. The Gold Coast said top 3, and Dustin Martin was $169,200 and Tom Scully was $179,200. So theoretically should be around that mark.

Decision:

Has to be a lock if he plays well in preseason. Will be the first player selected if a MPP. The only doubt I have is there could be plenty of Gold Coast rookies to choose from, and we may need to be careful given byes. HOWEVER, the Gold Coast do have a bye in round 1 - the round where you should have cover for everybody - so perhaps these fears are unwarranted.

Also, seriously - "Day" is a perfect name for a Gold Coast Sun player.

DazBurg

agree completely with your decision Ossie

Alex7089

Yep, nice call Ossie.
Nice little coincidence with his name ;D
He is the FWD/RUC I need to swap with Petrie, perfect fit for me. LOCK him in, Eddie.

DazBurg

Quote from: Alex7089 on September 21, 2010, 09:16:11 AM
Yep, nice call Ossie.
Nice little coincidence with his name ;D
He is the FWD/RUC I need to swap with Petrie, perfect fit for me. LOCK him in, Eddie.
Ax i told you not to speak of that name till the grand final is over and then only is the magpies lose

Alex7089

I thought that was the other NM ruckman ::)

DazBurg

Quote from: Alex7089 on September 21, 2010, 09:24:06 AM
I thought that was the other NM ruckman ::)
no no that's BP doesn't want  you to say Hmac......but i said not to speak of eddie mcguire i think in the Roo player profile in the DT one

benjy251090

if he is MPP he is a lock, but if he is just forward he may be competing with other rookies, especially seeing he will be a touch more expensive as a KPP player

Maca24

if he is MPP then will be strongly considered

thatguy

Justin Bieber

Even without MPP, could be good. Pricey none the less though. At 180k, he seems a little too dear for bench. Reckon either on field or I'll just leave him out.

If MPP, will play him on field up forward.

DarkHorse

Master Q

benjy251090

no, as zac smith will be cheap, but this will definately change some of my ideas around ;)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Master Q on September 25, 2010, 10:04:16 AM
Is this the End of Zac Smith?
Smith likely to play more ruck than Day. I would rather Day play a more forward role rather than ruck. Smith has done alright in the VFL.