50/50
10 (33.3%)
Unlikely
3 (10%)
No Way
2 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Total Tiger

As a Richmond fan i personally consider Foley as our best player if he is up and running at full fitness. Can kick goals and gets a ton of the footy.

MajorLazer

He is definitely up there in the top 5 when he isn't injured and can win the ball so I think it's between him and Anthony for me

Total Tiger

MajorLazer

It really depends on my mid structure. I'm probably going to get a 3 premiums, 1 mid pricer and 2 rookies starting.

Total Tiger

Yeah i am probably going to go 2 premiums, 2 mid pricers and 2 starting rookies.

MajorLazer

Yer that could work for me as well, but it probably means one more trade upgrading the 2nd mid pricer

hawk_88

Quote from: MajorLazer on October 16, 2010, 11:00:01 PM
Yer that could work for me as well, but it probably means one more trade upgrading the 2nd mid pricer

Exactly. 3 1 2 works. Heavy on existing premiums and rookies means more potential with less trades. Unless both go premium which saves you a trade. Both Anthony and Foley are great options though...

There are quite a few good backline rookies this year which is rare. Means you can spend a little more on the midfield. Hmmmm I think I have just changed my mind in the course of writing a couple of sentences.

Ah well.... much tinkering to be done before 2011 starts in 5 months.

tom_scully

Quote from: Total Tiger on October 16, 2010, 10:44:12 PM
As a Richmond fan i personally consider Foley as our best player if he is up and running at full fitness. Can kick goals and gets a ton of the footy.
Can't see him getting up to full fitness. This from the Hun:
"Notable absentees included midfielders Trent Cotchin and Nathan Foley who didn't risk recent achilles tendon and ankle injuries on the Tan's hard surface."
Personally, I wouldn't consider the tan track a hard surface, and sounds like he will struggle again this year if he can't even run a TT with 5 weeks till the pre-season.

Knowall

Quote from: tom_scully on January 05, 2011, 02:03:48 PM
Quote from: Total Tiger on October 16, 2010, 10:44:12 PM
Can't see him getting up to full fitness. This from the Hun:
"Notable absentees included midfielders Trent Cotchin and Nathan Foley who didn't risk recent achilles tendon and ankle injuries on the Tan's hard surface."
Personally, I wouldn't consider the tan track a hard surface, and sounds like he will struggle again this year if he can't even run a TT with 5 weeks till the pre-season.
The richmond website said he was flying at training ???  Either he is ripping it up in the gym or they are being over cautious.

On Foley probally not but will consider watch the NAB cup to determine.

McRooster

Nathan has borrowed a line from Clint Eastwood 'a man's got to know his limitations' and has been training his body accordingly.
I will pick him based on what I see in any role he may play NAB wise.

Total Tiger

Yeah i think that Richmond are just being cautious with Foley Knowall. Hopefully he gets back into full training soon so he gets at least a half decent pre season. 

McRooster

Lot's of people locking him in, but only one other person has voted certainty?

tom_scully

Quote from: Total Tiger on January 05, 2011, 10:06:00 PM
Yeah i think that Richmond are just being cautious with Foley Knowall. Hopefully he gets back into full training soon so he gets at least a half decent pre season.
A half decent preseason won't bring us good enough SC scores.
@ McRooster, Nathan Foley does not get to decide how hard he trains, the medical staff do.

McRooster

Quote from: tom_scully on January 05, 2011, 11:56:01 PM
Quote from: Total Tiger on January 05, 2011, 10:06:00 PM
A half decent preseason won't bring us good enough SC scores.
@ McRooster, Nathan Foley does not get to decide how hard he trains, the medical staff do.
Nobody knows your own body like you do and no-one can hide the niggles like you can but like I said he has been training accordingly, of course with medical direction. ::)
When he presents himself for selection though he'd better be telling the truth about where he is at, otherwise Toughman Hardwick will have his balls in a sling.
I see him as a solid mid option at his price and see him playing a season long role but perhaps not in the capacity he once had scoring wise due to TOG being carefully structured.

nas

If he makes it to the park, looks the goods in the NAB, see how Hardwick plays him then will be on the short list for me ATM