Main Menu

Where will Essendon finish in 2012?

Started by McRooster, September 19, 2010, 10:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yangers95

Personally, even though North and Freo will be geniune contenders for the 8, and the likes of Richmond and Melbourne nipping on our heels i still think we can make the 8, don't thing we can win a finals game quite yet but our best is actually quite good. If we can play consistently i think we should squeeze in. Like everyone says, Essendon's only true elite top tier player is Watson, but we have good depth IMO. Hopefully enough to see us into September.

AFEV

Quote from: Maca24 on December 12, 2011, 10:18:13 PM
Sure does Jukes!

Rate Howlett and Hocking highly. Good team players.
Not to mention Melksham is the second coming.

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: yangers95 on February 12, 2012, 08:56:59 PM
Personally, even though North and Freo will be geniune contenders for the 8, and the likes of Richmond and Melbourne nipping on our heels i still think we can make the 8, don't thing we can win a finals game quite yet but our best is actually quite good. If we can play consistently i think we should squeeze in. Like everyone says, Essendon's only true elite top tier player is Watson, but we have good depth IMO. Hopefully enough to see us into September.

Cheer cheer!

Sid... Can I just say, that your little display picture completely, and still continues to, mindflower me every time I see it.
It's a wonderful little gem and I decided I really like you for having shown it to me  ;D

elephants

Kinda regret this as I am proud of my cheer/boo ratio but...

I don't think the Bombers will crack the top 6 until they get someone to kick their goals. They can't have Hurley at CHB and CHF...

Boomz

Quote from: elephants on February 13, 2012, 02:16:50 AM

I don't think the Bombers will crack the top 6 until they get someone to kick their goals. They can't have Hurley at CHB and CHF...

Won't need him at CHB if Hooker, Pears etc can stay fit... Carlisle played mainly back last year but moved forward late and him & Hurley will be a good combo.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: elephants on February 13, 2012, 02:16:50 AM

This is Hurley remember. He can do anything :P.
But I agree with Boomz.

nas

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 11, 2011, 03:53:53 AM
Quote from: roo boys! on November 10, 2011, 08:12:44 AM
I can't remember which came first, the Z or the X :-\
Well maybe you could tell me which came first out of these; the chicken or the egg? :P

Surely by now you know the answer? It was the Rooster!!!

Cruiseon

Ziplock

Fletch74

Quote from: ossie85 on February 27, 2012, 02:39:43 PM

Just pointing out that Essendon are the first team in VFL-AFL history to be 18th on a ladder.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/blues-bombers-bomb-out-of-nab-cup/story-e6frf9jf-1226282507023?from=public_js
This is not the ladder, we haven't began the season yet... The real ladder doesn't count until Rd 1 :)

If you want to start down that track, then the Bombers won the first AFL premiership too :P

Ziplock

no, bombers were the first team on top of the ladder for afl.

Premiership is determined by finals series :P

I think it's legit.

bombers suck :P

Fletch74

No, we also won the Pre-season premiership in 1990, so there :P

ossie85

Said a ladder, not the ladder ;)

And I wouldn't want to be talking about 1990 Fletch!

Fletch74

Quote from: ossie85 on February 28, 2012, 02:07:25 PM

Said a ladder, not the ladder ;)

And I wouldn't want to be talking about 1990 Fletch!
Neither would I, but if one can be pedantic, so can another ;)