Main Menu

The FTP Showdown

Started by roo boys!, September 17, 2010, 02:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

For those who play From The Pavilion, this is the showdown of the year! (sorry Daz ;D)

The Champion                           vs                       The Challenger
Hellopplz-.......                                              roo boys!-Roo Boys!

Hellopplz has been playing the game for longer than roo boys!, and has spent longer building up his side so therefore, his team is stronger and has more talent. roo boys! hasn't had an account for as long, but recently he has been going on more and more often, and making some big purchases. His side has come an amazingly long way since last time these teams met, when his team was half made up of the crappy players you are automatically assigned at the start. A sign of how far he has come is that his best player on that day, and the man of the match, taking 4 wickets, Taylor, can't get a game in his side anymore. But will he make a comeback just to play against his old rivals? Many questions are still to be answered. Hellopplz's team has always been better than the opponents, but roo boys! has a lot more cash and recently has made some big $40,000+ purchases and is catching up on talent. The match will take place in a few weeks time, can he make up some big purchases? Who will come out on top? Place your bets!

Justin Bieber

My most expensive player was $30,000 ::). Best player was at a bargain for 26k 8).

You'll probably win though ::). You have the best player going into the game ;). But your side does look alot older than mine :-\.

Oldest player in your team is 32. My oldest is just 24!!! ;D.

P.S Saw your youth Kai Athens. Looks a good prospect for the future. A bowler or batter?

roo boys!

Yeah but I want to sell the guy that is 32 soon, waiting until a few up for sale go then he will be up.

Athans is a batsman, I will open up my team for you to see. He is an alright keeper too, but doesn't keep for me.

The best thing is, he was one of the ones i started with! :D

Justin Bieber

I saw. His prodigy talent looks good and that boundary hitter 8). Too bad his fast bowling will go to waste :(.

You don't have to open up all your players. I've always done that. You then have the element of suprise ;).

roo boys!

Ok, I will just open him up.

Alex7089

Have heard of others playing it but never actually played myself, waiting to be assigned a team now.

Justin Bieber

Look in the other sports board for some help if you need it ;).

Everybody is willing to help seeing as a few of you guys are new :).

DazBurg

thats all right R&B not up to you guys standards

yet......cause i'm trying to catch up...thats for sure

Justin Bieber

Alex7089

I think that was a part of the prophecy 8)

DazBurg

Quote from: Alex7089 on September 17, 2010, 06:13:27 PM
I think that was a part of the prophecy 8)
lol....which part Ax?

roo boys!

Do you want me too help you out Alex? I will give you help, sell you some guys, tell you who to sell/fire etc. If you want.

Justin Bieber

I can give you a few of my seniors and youths who can't get a game. Mainly seniors :P.

roo boys!

Yeah I could mainly give him seniors, my youths aren't going anywhere!

Alex7089

I think I will try and get by but thanks for the offers boys. If my team is that bad I will get some help haha!