Main Menu

Where will the Crows finish in 2012?

Started by McRooster, September 15, 2010, 08:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

You are right Knowall, those experienced players most of them didn't play last year anyway.

I think the Crows lack a bit of class, lack some matchwinners, which I think will mean they aren't a serious contender this year.

Seriously, on the list right now, who has the capacity to be a massive match-winner type player? Dangerfield comes to mind, but who else? I'm no expert on Crows :)

nas

It's a hard one & this is unbiased view. Reckon the forward structure is the problem. Walker has a bad day & then gets dropped. they should stick with him give him a go or maybe he should put the contract talks on hold & look at GWS. Porps is in the same boat & shoulders are a big concern also. crumbing forwards are ok, just the person to kick a bag of say 4 constantly. Note that this can change now as the ruckman Jacobs will allow Tipps to play deeper in the forwards.

IMO tho knocking on the door for the 8, but will not surprise me if go higher. Oh & besides "Kick a Vic" go the "POWER". lol

Knowall

Quote from: ossie85 on January 10, 2011, 09:14:47 AM

You are right Knowall, those experienced players most of them didn't play last year anyway.

I think the Crows lack a bit of class, lack some matchwinners, which I think will mean they aren't a serious contender this year.

Seriously, on the list right now, who has the capacity to be a massive match-winner type player? Dangerfield comes to mind, but who else? I'm no expert on Crows :)
Part of the reason Adelaide recruited Tambling was for that pace to break a game open.  I fell that Vince in 09 was playing so well at the end of the season id consider he was a match winner if he returns to form hes a genuine match winner.
Walker, Tippett and Porplyzia have all the potential.  Porplyzia has genuinely proven it the other two have undeniable potenital.
I also think Mackay and Martin have potential to be matchwinners and break a game open and as said the main one is Dangerfield hes all class.

Macca#23

Top 8 is reachable, but with the squad we have, somewhere from 9-12th would be realistic. We've lost a lot of experience and that cant be underestimated. That much experience lost in one season can hurt a club for the following season.

It's all about developing the younger guys and making them stars. We've got a lot of talent within the team, and we can be up there again with the best very, very soon  8)

Barlow 21

Quote from: Macca#23 on January 11, 2011, 02:04:33 AM
Top 8 is reachable, but with the squad we have, somewhere from 9-12th would be realistic. We've lost a lot of experience and that cant be underestimated. That much experience lost in one season can hurt a club for the following season.

It's all about developing the younger guys and making them stars. We've got a lot of talent within the team, and we can be up there again with the best very, very soon  8)
I agree Maca. Somewhere between 7th-14th is realistic.

Knowall

Id say 6th-11th.  I feel that GC, WCE, ESS, Bris   will all at least be lower than the crows next year.
Macca the loss of experience didnt hurt us at the end of last season so why would it next year?  As Ive said i have serious doubts on how many of those players we lost that would still make the team.

TOM15

ossie have a look at Rory Sloane, the kid is an absoulute gun showed glimpses of brilliance in his first year last year and has just about cemented his spot in the adelaide midfield :)

Knowall

Quote from: TOM15 on January 11, 2011, 10:55:36 AM

Im a huge fan of Sloane but hes not really a matchwinner hes a tough inside midfielder.  I see him being the next thompson doesnt have that X-Factor others have

ossie have a look at Rory Sloane, the kid is an absoulute gun showed glimpses of brilliance in his first year last year and has just about cemented his spot in the adelaide midfield :)

bunyip

One thing I noticed last year when Adelaide played Geelong was the upper body strength of a lot of your players. They reminded me a lot of Brisbane a few years ago.
If I was an Adelaide supporter, I'd be looking forward to next season. Also, I don't think losing some experienced players will hurt you at all. What good is an experienced player if he's cramped up on the bench all the time?

ossie85

Quote from: bunyip on January 12, 2011, 12:01:52 AM
What good is an experienced player if he's cramped up on the bench all the time?

Speaking from experience their bunyip?

roo boys!

Quote from: McRooster on January 09, 2011, 10:32:56 PM
Adelaide ATM to win the flag $17.00
                                to make the GF $8.00
                                top four $4.00
                                highest placed non-Vic (inc finals) $3.00

I'm on with the deeds of the house at $17.00 for the flag  :P

But seriously $3.00 for highest placed non Vic is very tasty  ;)
You would have to go with Freo for the highest non-Vic wouldn't you?

bomberboy0618

yeah definitely but it could be a good bet  :-\

roo boys!

Yeah maybe...I think Freo should be top favs though.

WC no chance, Power no chance, Lions no chance, GC you would think not a hope in hell..

bomberboy0618

Quote from: roo boys! on January 12, 2011, 05:30:41 PM
Yeah maybe...I think Freo should be top favs though.

WC no chance, Power no chance, Lions no chance, GC you would think not a hope in hell..
yeah but there is definite risk for reward, i wouldnt do it, others might.

roo boys!

Shaggy probably will, he is a big time gambler ;D