Standard Deviation: 23.9
Average: 93.8
Centuries: 7 out of 21
High: 137(Round 3)
Low: 54(Round 14)
Starting Price: 470,800
High Price: 520,700
Low Price: 420,000

Summary: Ryan Griffen has always had the potential to be a star, but it seems like it's never clicked for him. Played some good games in 2010, but wasn't consistent enough through the whole season, an issue he's had through his whole career.

The Crystal Ball:
Price: 498,100
Position: MID

Won't get MPP, and under 500K he presents some value, but is he consistent
enough to average 100+??

Verdict: Would be pretty unique, but I think there is better players around his price range that are more consistent, so unlikely for me.
Will you pick Griffen in 2011?

Alex7089

Would be unique yes, impressed me with his run in the finals so far but with Cooney coming back into the side he could be limited a no for me.
There are certainly better options out there next year for that price.

Master Q

Nice Value, but don't really like him, and I think there are some other players who are better.

benjy251090

sunny_side_down

I think everyone is of the consensus that at some stage Griffen will have a break out year(av 105-110) I think he is a super talent, he just needs to work harder through out the games. The finals have shown when he is motivated he can pull out 30+ posse games. Question is consistency and whether you'll select Cooney Boyd or Cross

ossie85

It seems his break-out year is meant to be every year!

Reckon the Dogs might struggle next year, so can't see his output increasing enough to justify half a million

DazBurg

highly unlikely would rather cross or boyd first

sunny_side_down

Quote from: ossie85 on September 16, 2010, 07:33:07 AM

Reckon the Dogs might struggle next year, so can't see his output increasing enough to justify half a million
bad call, dogs will still be top 4 next year. johnson aker and eagleton are out but in comes reid ward and the improvement of grant, jones, williams etc. as i said, bad call

Boomz

benjy251090

Quote from: BOOMZ on September 16, 2010, 01:57:07 PM
Good value... Will think about it.
good value if he does do well, but if he is a flop you will be doing a lot of this  ' ::) why oh why did i choose him'

if he was between 400-450K i would 100% look at him, but definately not at just under 500K

reesbr

CrowsFan

Really wish he was going to come to the crows, but not going to happen. He is on my shortlist. If he becomes consistent then would be a great pick up

ossie85

Quote from: sunny_side_down on September 16, 2010, 01:50:00 PM

bad call, dogs will still be top 4 next year. johnson aker and eagleton are out but in comes reid ward and the improvement of grant, jones, williams etc. as i said, bad call

No doubt you've got some improvement - but do you think they'll jump ahead of Cats, Saints and Magpies? Maybe Cats. But then Freo, Dees, Tiges, Roos are fast improving....

Maca24

I think he has taken the next step, but id rather have cross or boyd in my mids.

sunny_side_down

Quote from: ossie85 on September 17, 2010, 07:35:46 AM
Quote from: sunny_side_down on September 16, 2010, 01:50:00 PM

No doubt you've got some improvement - but do you think they'll jump ahead of Cats, Saints and Magpies? Maybe Cats. But then Freo, Dees, Tiges, Roos are fast improving....
dees, tigers and roos are 2-3 years away. freo are the one to watch next year, as too adelaide and maybe hawthorn. the top 4 this year wont fall much