Previous topic - Next topic

Torress

2010 Stats
Games: 21
Total Score: 1604
Average Score: 76.38
High: 147
Low: 7
Standard Deviation: I haven’t done this since college math! Sorry not doing this part!
Centuries: 6
Starting Price: $352,700
High Price: $430,500
Lowest Price: $284,700

Summary:

Talk about exciting! In 2009 he looked like a weed but has obviously worked hard in the pre season as he looked more stacked in the upper body. Perhaps not a fantasy idol yet but has only played 2 seasons. His scoring pattern is very standard for a young player up and down, although his ups can be very good. And he is one player you will love to watch, very aesthetic on the eye with his running abilities and kicking abilities. He increased his SC average by 10 points this year. One thing I admire of him is how he goes about it, won’t see him carrying on to the crowd or getting ahead of himself. Has his head down and works the whole game. If one would compare season average patterns from blokes a few years older, like pendles or joel selwood â€" all have a breakout year around 2nd or 3rd year. Blind Freddy can see he has great talent and a good high ceiling in SC. A 20 point average increase is on the horizon, 95 ppg can be achieved by this individual.

Crystal Ball:

I’m not going to work it out; the price will reveal itself eventually, but on estimate around 400k. Not a prem midfielder yet and 400k is a type of price I’d associate with a unique keeper. If he does propagate a 95 season average then it would be a very decent buy. He has got the tools to do it. He was the Docker’s 5th overall SC scoring player behind sandi, pav, duffield and mundy â€" not bad for a bloke in his 2nd year! They obviously like to go through him.

Decision:

Short listed, will depend on how u structure things. Do you want elite prem mids complemented with rookies and leave your unique punts to the back and forward lines? Or have a crack at those 400- 500k potential prems. If you like him I wouldn’t hesitate, bound to deliver   

ossie85

Yes, out of the 2nd year blues now.... Hmmm, lot of talent over in Freo.

Work out the price by getting average (76.38) and multiplying by 5311 (the number they used to work out prices last year)...

So, 76.38*5311 = $405,700 approx

So good estimate :)

Torress

good to know ossie, cheers m8!

ah feel lost without having a SC!!!

benjy251090

Master Q

Quote from: Torress on September 13, 2010, 01:00:50 PM
good to know ossie, cheers m8!

ah feel lost without having a SC!!!
Don't worry, it's not that hard to work out some SC Stats (Coming from a DT man who plays SC)

All you do is the players average x5311, then if necessary, add a Discount.

Alex7089

Or use the prices TS calculated :P
On my radar, might replace Jack in my team most likely won't have both.

DazBurg

i'll leave him to everyone else...since i've seen at least 5 people on here in other threads saying they gonna have him....so yeah might try and find someone different

Wilkopolis

My aim is to have a midfield complement with averages of 110+.  Therefore, mid price keepers are not in my strategy.

Torress

Quote: Wilkopolis  : Yesterday at 10:34:39 PM 

My aim is to have a midfield complement with averages of 110+.  Therefore, mid price keepers are not in my strategy. 

wilky i'm thinking a similar thing for 2011. ideally i'll take 6 x daniel cross' next year! i don't really know but he would of been between 500-550k start of 2010?? 550k is max i want to spend on a mid.

on this matter, are people looking for a mid filled with 500k priced players - boak, jack, burgoyne, swallow?? how many 600k plus players will u be able to fit in?? its hard now, can't really fit all or even many of them - j selwood, pendles, NDS, montagna, swan, gaj, hayes, judd,

do we look at the upper tier of mid prems and say i can only start one of u?? i started with pendles, gaj and NDS - JZ and rookies this year, i realise now its a waste considering u can pick up 2 prems @ 100k less each and spend it elswhere.   well got  a long time to ponder this!  stacking the mid and backline seems the way to go

thatguy

love a bloke with a low score of 7!  :o

cant handle a tag, will only get more as each season progresses. until he can break them, i wont be touching him

Torress

your not wrong thatguy, i did notice that myself. remember when barlow is back he'll feeding him the pill, will he cop more of a tag? i'm not sold on hill for 2011 but i do like to watch him

Barlow 21

I disagree Torres.
Hill is a gun, plain and simple and will average 90+ in 2011.

reesbr

BoredSaint

I like this kid! showed what he can do late in the season and probs a lock.

Any chance of MPP def and mid? :)

Barlow 21

Quote from: BoredSaint on September 27, 2010, 05:39:27 PM
I like this kid! showed what he can do late in the season and probs a lock.

Any chance of MPP def and mid? :)

If he is i`ll buy him.