High: 63
Low: 48
Standard Deviation: not necessary
Centuries: doughnut
Starting Price: $484,800
High Price: 484, 800
Lowest Price: 484,800

Summary:

Big Drew couldn’t get his body right for 2010. Tippet being so popular had a bit to do with this bloke not being fit who like tippet, had ruck and forward MMP. He will be 28 years old next season and this guy is the definition of durability except for 2010. He had only missed 2 games since 2003 b4 his injury (foot issue). He has a supreme towering like grab on him, has the ability to play CHB, CHF and ruck. With the emergence of Goldstein, CHB or CHF looks to be his role, I guess depending on where other north player’s are at will determine his role (lachie Hansen looked good at CHF). His previous SC averages are above his DT season averages, prob due to his contested marking for one.

North is on the up there cannot be any doubt with a young list like theirs, and wow will they welcome back big Drew Petrie!!

Crystal Ball:

It is hard to predict his starting price considering only 2 games were played. Hey maybe a 20% discount on his price in 2010?? Will have to wait and see, but a discount is expected probably below 400k at least I would anticipate. Maybe lower, who really knows?

Don’t see why he won’t keep his R/F status â€" will be a great addition to a ruck in 2011.

Decision:

Unless he is not picked or he is too expensive it’s a safe yes from me for 2011. I guess his price will determine his popularity, I think the average nuff nuff may not know who he is? Well he is a gun, he is big and can very much so influence a game!

ossie85

Great read Torress! The Petrie/Tippett combo will be on a lot of people's radar.

Hopefully he has a good preseason.

An average of 55 from 2010 would give him a price of $294,800. Add a 20% discount to that? And it does down to $235,800.

Hell, he could even get a 30% ($206,300) or a 40% ($176,900) discount if we're lucky.

CrowsFan

Ossie you seem to know a lot about what discount is given. So say a player averaged around 80 but only played 2 games during the season, do you know what discount he would be given?

ossie85

From m0nty's article at the start of the season, he showed most players who had played 2 games got 20% discount, and a couple (Ryan Cook and Brodie Martin) got 30% and 40% discounts from playing only 2 games.

Given Petrie's well known, most likely only 20%.

But they change the rules regularly! So none set in stone.

A player averaging 80 would get a price of approx $425k. With a 20% discount, that's $340k

Torress

yea trying to work out estimations for starting prices is a bit up in smoke atm - the SC gods seem to tinker every year with this.
spot on ossie tippet/ petrie could be popular. i had tippet all year, as much as i was disappointed, i'm still going to role the dice with him again. i like what i see there. not his fault the crows were getting smashed in the middle. old timers are gone at crows, will be interesting to see how it unfolds. andy otten is another like petrie who shoul recieve a discount, however he is not as established like petrie, andy otten is on my shortlist, really depends on his price tho

benjy251090

petrie will be a lock for me up front!

Fletch74

Same here. His value will be too hard to ignore. He'll be popular though!

CrowsFan

Thanks Ossie. It was actually Martin I was thinking of. Surely he deserves more than 20% discount since he has only played 4 games in 2 years? If he gets more than 20% he will definitely be on my shortlist

Aidans Blues

Alex7089

Yes. A lock for me bar more injury.
One of those blokes that will just burn you if you say no.

Master Q

Wilkopolis

With a solid pre-season should be one of the 2-3 most picked players.  Considering the rucks were one of the most difficult areas to get right at the start of this year the risk / return that Petrie offers is too good to turn down

thatguy

tom_scully

Quote from: Wilkopolis on September 13, 2010, 10:40:32 PM
With a solid pre-season should be one of the 2-3 most picked players.  Considering the rucks were one of the most difficult areas to get right at the start of this year the risk / return that Petrie offers is too good to turn down
According to the Hun, he already has an interrupted preseason and won't train properly until Feb 2011.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/afl-off-season-report/story-e6frf9jf-1225943476637