Goldcoast players

Started by Jozz, September 08, 2010, 07:29:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jozz

few pople have listed thier likly team for 2011

but ive noticed in a few of them they something along the lines of "would pick d.swallow but GC have the bye in rd1"

my reaction is SO WHAT who cares if they miss rd1 whats the big deal??

MTTY

i have said this, however i meant he won't be in my starting team he will be however on my bench, only for game one unless the rookie i use scores over 100

Alex7089

Yeah I will pick these guys bench them week one then bring them on. Not that big a deal ???

benjy251090

only real problem is we wont know which ones will play round 2

Alex7089

We will know the ones that will be getting a go though, pretty obvious.

I think there is always risk in picking a rookie.
+ if you pick a bench rookie it doesn't really matter if they don't play every week you know they will get a shot at some time in the year, I mean, it's GC...

benjy251090

true, but i mean like the rookies like toy and returners like little, ablett and thorp, will the players recruited from other teams take their spot?

Alex7089

I don't think GC will keep Toy out of the team, especially early. Even if they do poach good players they still need to plan for future success, just like any club.

benjy251090

i guess, we will definitely have to have a very close look at pre-season games for their teams

Alex7089

Definitely. Are they playing in the NAB Cup?

benjy251090

dunno, but they will definitely have friendlies

Jozz

yeah GC will play in the NAB cup or NAB challenge games as they are an AFL team so def can c which 1's r playing and d.swallow is a monty to play at least 20games next year i rekon

benjy251090

yeah, apart from swallow and smith (the ruckman) you cant be 100% sure really, except maybe toy

Justin Bieber

Quote from: benjy251090 on September 08, 2010, 10:55:43 PM
yeah, apart from swallow and smith (the ruckman) you cant be 100% sure really, except maybe toy
H. Bennell will be top 3 to the GC. Would expect Swallow, Bennell and Swallow all to start from the get go (the top 3 draft picks). Probably will get all 3 :P.

I'll bench my GC rookies for the first match. Could make some decent cash from a fair few of them. Why miss out due to one round? ::)

benjy251090

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 09, 2010, 04:17:12 PM
H. Bennell will be top 3 to the GC. Would expect Swallow, Bennell and Swallow all to start from the get go (the top 3 draft picks). Probably will get all 3 :P.

I'll bench my GC rookies for the first match. Could make some decent cash from a fair few of them. Why miss out due to one round? ::)
is there a 3rd swallow brother :P

nas

Quote from: benjy251090 on September 09, 2010, 04:55:50 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on September 09, 2010, 04:17:12 PM

is there a 3rd swallow brother :P

Praying for a Selwood clan are we?