Cyril Rioli: 2011

Started by DazBurg, September 08, 2010, 06:19:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DazBurg

Cyril 'Junior''delicious' Rioli

2010 Stats
Games: 18
Total Score: 1,802 (Ranked 42nd overall, 7th amongst defenders)
Average Score: 94.84 (Ranked 44th overall, 8th amongst defenders)
High: 167 (Round 12)
Low: 19 (Round 9)
Centuries: 9 out of 18
Starting Price: $417,700
High Price: $559,200 (round 16)
Lowest Price: $315,900 (round 9)

Summary:

Cyril Started the year under an OP/Groin relate injury cloud meaning no one should of had him locked in
but after Nick Riewoldt went down some slotted in Junior after his 140 against the bulldogs in only his second game before his price went up.It seemed like a hasty and bad move for those coach's me included when in the next  weeks only one score was better then 80.But those that stuck through the bad were rewarded greatly when Cyril found match fitness and spent time in the middle Exploding with  consecutive 100+ scores and finishing the year well

The Crystal Ball:
Based on last year's magic number

Price: $503,695.
Position: FWD (wonder if he'll be given mpp as fwd/mid?)

Will he be given a big pre-season so he can spend even more time in the middle where his pace and sublime skills and creativity are something hawthorn need.Or shall he move back more to the forward line to kick some goals when Buddy an Roughy struggle?

Decision:

Cyril has all the making s for an elite player and if he can get a big pre-season into him will next year be the year he stamps his authority?.Either way Cyril is 'delicious' with his skills making him quite good for fantasy and the odd couple of goals never hurts either.Personally i wanted him from the start of the year had a gut feeling about him and when injury forced him out in the start for round 1 i waited till i could trade him in and the Riewoldt injury proved that time.In saying that next year he has broken through that 500,000 barrier will that scare coaches away or not?

Will Junior be selected by you in 2011?

Hawka

OP prevented me from picking him this year but i only want a maxuim 2 players(mayb 3)  from every club so il have to make a descion on which few outa buddy,cyril,burgoyne and hodge i will take

SCADDICT

Lock this guy in without a doubt. He will turn out to be as good as GAJ when playing midfield. Only concern next season is if he can handle a tag.

Samm79

I really like him, the only concern for me is his hammies. Definately looking at him in the starting 22 but a lot will depend on how freely he is moving in the preseason..

BratPack

I'm impressed Bro. You got through a Cyril Rioli preview without one "Delicious" joke  :P

DazBurg

Quote from: BratPack on September 08, 2010, 10:22:55 PM
I'm impressed Bro. You got through a Cyril Rioli preview without one "Delicious" joke  :P

lol...forgot bout that lemme go edit my original post
lol

benjy251090

lol, typical brothers, definately change 'highly efficient skills' to 'delicious skills'

if only you could add audio ::)

DazBurg

Quote from: benjy251090 on September 08, 2010, 10:26:40 PM
lol, typical brothers, definately change 'highly efficient skills' to 'delicious skills'

if only you could add audio ::)

thats a good idea

benjy251090

i am an ideas man :D

and i will more than likely have Rioli in my team :D

DazBurg

yup me too i'm thinking as i posted in up there...defiantly could break out even more next year

benjy251090

especially, as you said, with a full pre-season, and he has high scoring potential :D absolute lock

ossie85

Little pricey! Cyril's a bit inconsistent, so I might get him when he is lower priced

enzedder

thatguy

injury prone? thats a bit harsh isnt it? this kid is going to be a superstar with a full PS under his belt.

having OP doesnt make you injury prone. just unlucky.

YOUNGTELLICA

Came in for Roo this year, got better as the year went on. IS the Hawks best midfielder.