Bryce Gibbs

Started by Holz, September 08, 2010, 02:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

i dont think getting a premium defender is worth it in the mids,  bit of a waste of a spot, probably beter sticking in a fwd/mid or fwd/back

EAGLE4LIFE

yeh but might be considered a backmen if so i'll jump on

chrisuzz

Quote from: Holzman on September 09, 2010, 11:15:28 PM
i dont think getting a premium defender is worth it in the mids,  bit of a waste of a spot, probably beter sticking in a fwd/mid or fwd/back
yeh but like when Hodge was out this year coaches that had him and Goddard available to swap the two between midfield and defense were able to get Hodge into the middle and do a much better trade

Holz

maybee at the start put a gun defender in the middle but to have a good dt you  really need to get as many midfielders playing as possiblle in my round 22 team i had 12 players who were either mid or dual position iwht mid

chrisuzz

yeh okay, ur not really seeing my point but when Goddard Hodge or Gibbs get injured next year, are resting or the bye occurs ill have a much easier time finding cover :)

EAGLE4LIFE

well actually picking midfielders are a lot more easier than picking defenders   :)

Holz

Quote from: chrisuzz on September 10, 2010, 05:04:44 PM
yeh okay, ur not really seeing my point but when Goddard Hodge or Gibbs get injured next year, are resting or the bye occurs ill have a much easier time finding cover :)

i do see your point i just disagree with it, i personally prefer to have a fwd back like waite in the team or use the MPP for the bench type players if you spread your team out so you dont have more than 2 players from the same team in each postion with 3 bench players you should be able to cover each line.

RyanV22

I have to agree with chrisuzz. When hodge went down in rnd 22 and I was able to swap goddard with him and trade in dal santo for hodge, a much better trade than what I could've done in the back line.

Holz

excpet the fact was i was able to have the top 6 midfielders and goddard and hodge, so i had someone like dalsanto the whole season. If you are a league player than having a defender in the middle is good but i play for ranking so i try to maximise overall the whole season and to do that you need as many midfielders as possible

elephants

i reckon gibbsy will fit in well whereever he goes in my team :)

MissPiesFF

Quote from: Holzman on September 08, 2010, 02:09:23 PM
he should be a back/mid next year is he worht getting, and will his role stay the same, if he goes back to his usual role and is still classified as a back he will be the pick of the season. (a 400k backman who averages 105+ would be great). Or do you think his scores will imporve after he gets used to the role. If you take out hist first half of his season his average looks pretty low.

Carlton will be a team to beat in 2011. Bryce has matured into a very comfortable position as a KPP. Grab him hook line and sinker.

EAGLE4LIFE

gibbs is one of not many i am definately going to jump on

popedelio

Great news lads in the afl prospectus 2011 Bryce Gibbs is now listed as a DEF/MID
http://dreamteamtalk.com/2010/12/22/dt-talk-2011-preseason-episode-1/
according to warne dawg, the first comment in the thread and also in the vid Gibbsy is a DEF/MID which is a sneak peek in the prospectus, though Hodge is unknown if your hoping for him as a MPP, hope this helps your preseason lads

j959

woo hoo!
(almost) lock and load!  ;)

cheers popedelio!

PowerMan

Luke Hodge will def be a midfielder only.

easy swap, swap Gibbs for Hodge lock and load.

Gibbs is around 30k cheaper than Hodgy as well.  ;D