2011 Players profiles: James Podsiadly

Started by Fletch74, September 08, 2010, 01:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fletch74

James Podsiadly

2010 Stats
Games: 17
Total Score: 1561 (Ranked 128th overall, 86th amongst forwards)
Average Score: 91.82 (Ranked 70th overall, 13th amongst forwards)
High: 156 (Round 7)
Low: 22 (Round 19)
Standard Deviation: 40.14
Centuries: 8 out of 17
Starting Price: $83,400
High Price: $492,900 (round 12)
Lowest Price: $83,400 (round 1)

Summary:

The J-Pod was the player after round 4 that everyone wanted to jump on if you didn't already have him. There were a lot of fantasy teams hoping he'd play in round 1, but Geelong decided to wait until round 3 to unleash the 28 year old rookie. All of a sudden there became a big flurry of fantasy teams all wanting to downgrade someone not performing in their forward line to the J-Pod.

Podsiadly soon became the Skilled Stadium and Etihad stadium speciallist averaging 121.67 and 114 respectively at each venue for 2010, whilst only  averaging 51.8 at the MCG... Pods was a winner there for a while, some fantasy players eventually traded him, whilst others kept faith in him right through to the end. With his peak price reaching $493K in Round 12, it was probably better to have traded him about two thirds of the way through the season.

The Crystal Ball:

Based on last year's magic number

Price: $487,500
Position: FWD

Based on Podsiadly's volatile performance this year and the fact that he doesn't seem to play well at the MCG, might turn a few fantasy players away from him next year, plus also the fact that he will be turning 29 won't help either. Also, will the Geelong be as good next year? This may mean he may not have the supply that he had this year...

Decision:

At $487,500, he is probably underpriced for what he can perform, but are you willing to take the risk of having a couple of 20's in your scores?? There will be higher priced premiums, but they are generally more consistent than the J-Pod. He has to improve his performance at the G' for me to perhaps take him on...

Is he underpriced for what we know he can produce?

ossie85

My God that's a high standard dev. 40?!

Reckon he is too pricy for me! I'll be looking for the NEXT Pods :)

AndyJ

Couple of things with the jpod and the geelong lineup next year..

There are rumors surrounding Cameron Mooney and his possible move to the GoldCoast. Assuming Mooney goes, does Geelong's forward line consist of Jpod&Hawkins ? .. does this mean Jpod gets better defensive attention?

Combine the above with the continuing underperforming Mark Blake may mean a trade or delisting is on the cards... which may mean Hawkins spends more time in his 2nd ruck role .... or does this potentially mean Dawson Simpson/Trent West(may be traded aswell) will be rewarded with more regular spot in the seniors ?

Alternatively - Geelong's recruit from a few years back - Mitch Brown - Would be hoping for a better run with injury next year and *fingers crossed* gets some senior gametime. He's an impressive centre half forward type, by all accounts.

As a Geelong supporter,  i'm hoping for big things outa the jpod next season.. and he's definatly gonna figure in my shortlist come decision time 2011.

Hawka

Age and how he plays the G and more attention he will get means most likey a no from me

DazBurg

i'm with ossie an hawka....way to pricey for me

SCADDICT

Sorry Pods but I'd say no. Old and limited upside+ price= no.

Alex7089

Quote from: ossie85 on September 08, 2010, 02:06:11 PM

My God that's a high standard dev. 40?!

Reckon he is too pricy for me! I'll be looking for the NEXT Pods :)
Same here. He was great to make money this year but not good enough to buy at that price, scores not good enough.

thatguy

Quote from: hawka26 on September 08, 2010, 06:56:53 PM
Age and how he plays the G and more attention he will get means most likey a no from me