2011 Countdown: Brendan Fevola

Started by ossie85, September 04, 2010, 04:57:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Brendan Fevola

2010 Stats
Games: 17
Total Score: 841 (Ranked 328th overall, 88th amongst forwards)
Average Score: 49.47 (Ranked 490th overall, 134th amongst forwards)
High: 99 (Round 3)
Low: 1 (Round 18 )
Standard Deviation: 29.44
Centuries: 0 out of 17
Starting Price: $495,700
High Price: $495,700 (round 1)
Lowest Price: $152,200 (round 18 )

Summary:

Brendan Fevola. Such hype. The twin towers were to dominate the AFL in 2010, and put the Lions into flag contention. Whilst Jonathan Brown was still dominant when not injured, the same could not be said for Fevola. Despite kicking 3 or more goals in 10 of the first 11 rounds, Fevola only averaged 64.5, suggesting his influence for the Brisbane Lions was minimal. His top score of 99 against the Dogs one of few highlights.

But that was nothing compared to the spudness of his last 6 matches, where he managed to only average 21.8. That's right. Less than 22 points per game, with a high of 41. That's bad even for Presti. His price dropped down to $152,200 (lower than some first year player starting prices). And was then finally put to rest for the season.

The Crystal Ball:

Based on last year's magic number

Price: $262,700
Position: FWD

Well, rumours and Fevola always go hand in hand. Lets assume he doesn't get sacked, and he gets his body somewhat right before round 1 comes along. This isn't guaranteed. I think Fev could come back, kick 70 goals, and average about 80-100 next year. He also could sit and sulk in the goal square and do the bare minimum.

Decision:

Fev's price is so cheap, it is hard to ignore. With byes set to cause havoc, a cheap player 'guaranteed' games could be crucial. For this reason, if Fev has a decent preseason, I think I will select him as 6th or 7th forward initially, before dropping him to the bench as the cash-cows mature.

Will you take a gamble on Fev and hope he doesn't cheat on you?

roo boys!

No, for a key forward his scores last year were terrible. You can expect the odd bad games but not scoring a ton for the whole season and with scores lower than 20, it's a big no from me.

Even though his price is tempting, I think I would be happier to have a high draft pick fill up my 7th forward spot.

woofy

i will be considering him if he gets his groin right and sorts out his family problems. i think when his family left for melbourne that affected him abit.

Master Q

I'm going to be looking at him, very cheap at I think will play a lot of games...

I♥HP

I will definitely have a look at him at that price, although as with Baz this year will try to offload him as soon as he made any money!

roo boys!

Yeah thats a good point, but I think I will still steer clear.

Master Q

R&B, he had some injuries this year, and you don't really need him to score so high, if you have him on the bench...

benjy251090

i will definately look at him if he gets a good preseason, it also might take him time to figure out how the brisbane system works in that he is not the number 1 target, i will definately be getting one of him or JB

roo boys!

Quote from: Master Q on September 04, 2010, 11:08:12 AM
R&B, he had some injuries this year, and you don't really need him to score so high, if you have him on the bench...
True, but would you be better off getting a rookie for GC cos they will play the same amount of games and who's saying that Fev won't get injured again?

woofy

Quote from: benjy251090 on September 04, 2010, 11:27:04 AM
i will definately look at him if he gets a good preseason, it also might take him time to figure out how the brisbane system works in that he is not the number 1 target, i will definately be getting one of him or JB

or both! if jb can get his injuries out of the way.

benjy251090

if you go to SC strategy i have made a couple of threads about next year, check out the one about backs and at the top it says 'i will only take one player in any line from each club (unless they are rookies)' well, something along those lines :P

Hawka

antman

He is worth a very close look at a cheap price he is someone you would think is in their best 22 each week.

Alex7089

R&B what is there to say that the GC player's young body will not break down? It is all risks ;)

I will definitely be looking at Brown but if I got him I think I would pass on Fev.

roo boys!

True,but what I am saying is you can take one of the top 5 draft picks for a cheaper price than Fev and they will have less chance of getting injured than ol' Fevvy. But yeah, I am also steering clear cos I want to get JB.