Main Menu

Video Games!

Started by PowerMan, September 01, 2010, 03:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordSneeze

There is 1 day left on the Easter PSN sale. Finally getting around looking at it given it is so big. Haven't gone through all the indie titles yet, might be a few gems in there.
Due to my backlog im really only planning to buy things that are unlikely to drop substantially in price in the future if at all. Any suggestions from the below?

Considering Buying
Tomb Raider Definitive - $8.95 (Worth the price)
Sleeping Dogs Definitive â€" $6.75  (Worth the price)
Thief - $4.55  (Worth the price)
Lego Harry Potter collection â€" $17.95 (Not expecting this to drop further given its 2 games)
The Evil Within 2 â€" $24.95 (Only 6 months old, 20% off its lowest previous sale price not expecting cheaper for atleast 9 months, probably grab The Evil Within aswell at $11 if I get this)
Sabans Mighty Morphin Power Rangers â€" $8.95 (Its power rangers and at a good price)
Steep - $17.95 (Recent big drop in price, might see on sale at this price again, but not cheaper in near future.)
Xcom 2 - $17.95 (Recent big drop in price, might see on sale at this price again, but not cheaper in near future.)
Prey - $17.95 (Recent big drop in price, might see on sale at this price again, but not cheaper in near future.)
Watch Dogs 2 - $24.95 (Recent big drop in price, might see on sale at this price again, but not cheaper in near future.)
Plants vs Zombies 2 - $10.45 (Been around this price consistently, but unlikely to drop further)
WRC 7 - $22.45 ($34.95 if including WRC 5 & 6) Essentially 3 games for $35 is tempting. Especially given WRC 7 is a good deal at $22 by itself.
Bioshock: The Collection - $37.95 (Im expecting this to drop further given all are relatively old games)

Others I looked at but not worth it at the price as I expect them to be cheaper in future.

Assassins Creed Origins â€" $54.95
Grand Theft Auto 5 â€" $39.95
F1 2017 â€" $24.95
Need For Speed Payback â€" $39.95
Overwatch - $49.95
Hitman â€" $39.95
Star Wars Battlefront 2 â€" $39.95
Wolfenstein 2 â€" $30.95
Assassins Creed Syndicate â€" $17.95
Far Cry 4 â€" $17.95
Ghost Recon $40.95
The Golf Club 2 â€" $23.95
Dirt Rally - $17.95
Assassins Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper â€" 7.55 (No point as im not getting Syndicate)
Assassins Creed Syndicate the Last Maharaja â€" 4.55 (No point as im not getting Syndicate)
Diablo 3 Rise of the Necromancer â€" $14.95 (Ive 100% Diablo with every character on hardcore and don’t have this yet, due a price drop though)
Dungeons 2 â€" $11.95
Dungeons 3 - $32.95
Assassins Creed Ezio Edition â€" $26.95 (Cheaper Previously)
Dishonored 2 â€" $24.95 (Was cheaper 2 months ago)
Dishonored â€" $13.95 (Been under $20 since 2016)
Lego Batman 3 â€" $15.95
Lego City Undercover â€" $47.95
Lego Jurassic World â€" $17.95
Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 â€" $54.95
Lego Marvels avengers â€" $27.95
Lego Marvel Super Heroes â€" $15.95
Lego Star Wars the Force Awakens â€" $26.95
Lego The Hobbit â€" $15.95
Lego Movie Video Game â€" $15.95

Jukes

Buy Dead By Daylight and play with me mate

LordSneeze

Quote from: Jukes on April 11, 2018, 04:06:03 PM
Buy Dead By Daylight and play with me mate

Ill look into it a bit more at some point, but im not a fan of 100% online games mostly as most are really reliant on having a good base of players .

Except Elder Scrolls Online as that can be played with people or individually as each person must start the missions themselves and are tracked themselves. Must say that is one of my favourite games, but I have been spreading my time out amongst other games in my backlog.

LF

My son wants to know what is the best Pokémon game for NDS

LaHug

Quote from: LF on May 30, 2018, 08:44:51 PM

Has he played much Pokemon before?

If he's got a DS (not 3DS) only, Black and White is a really good entry game. If he's played lots before, Heart Gold and Soul Silver would be my pick.

If he has a 3DS, might as well start with the newer ones and get Sun and Moon. Although I found X and Y a bit better because I felt Sun and Moon was a bit gimmicky at times.

Nige

Quote from: LaHug on May 31, 2018, 10:26:37 AM
Quote from: LF on May 30, 2018, 08:44:51 PM

Has he played much Pokemon before?

If he's got a DS (not 3DS) only, Black and White is a really good entry game. If he's played lots before, Heart Gold and Soul Silver would be my pick.

If he has a 3DS, might as well start with the newer ones and get Sun and Moon. Although I found X and Y a bit better because I felt Sun and Moon was a bit gimmicky at times.
Yeah, I'll second this.

Black or White would probably be your best bet.

LF

Keeper27

anybody here playing Red Dead Redemption 2??
hands down GoTY, so damn good

GoLions

Quote from: Keeper27 on November 16, 2018, 02:28:31 AM
Was gonna get it but haven't had much time to get on the ps4 lately so didn't bother. Everything i've heard and seen from it looks amazing though.

What games are people looking at for this year? The Last of Us 2 and Sekiro are the top 2 on my list atm.

RaisyDaisy

Might be the first time I've posted here

I had every system from Atari to N64 growing up, but that's when I grew out of games and stopped playing so anything to do with recent PS, Xbox etc I'm clueless - love my old school games I grew up on

Just recently however I bought one of those Pandora systems. Basically it's a two player arcade system control board, and it simply plugs into any TV, tablet etc, and my particular one has over 1200 games on it

I've been having so much fun with it since it arrived a couple of weeks ago, playing heaps of Street Fighter, X-Men vs Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, The Simpsons, Golden Axe, TMNT, Aliens vs Predator and so much more

Only cost just over $100 too, which is insanely cheap for how much it is imo!

Anyone who grew up in the 90's etc would love this and I can't recommend it highly enough!

Here's a 5 minute overview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6DJOW0aJHo

Bill Manspeaker

that sounds like fun RD. I've played a few of the old school games through emulators on a computer but it would look and feel better on a TV

absolutely brilliant game. the online could use some work but it's still just a beta atm. but its worth it for the story mode alone

GoLions

Quote from: GoLions on January 15, 2019, 08:08:24 AM
Was gonna get it but haven't had much time to get on the ps4 lately so didn't bother. Everything i've heard and seen from it looks amazing though.

What games are people looking at for this year? The Last of Us 2 and Sekiro are the top 2 on my list atm.
Forgot Crash Team Racinggg

GoLions

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 15, 2019, 10:27:13 AM
Might be the first time I've posted here

I had every system from Atari to N64 growing up, but that's when I grew out of games and stopped playing so anything to do with recent PS, Xbox etc I'm clueless - love my old school games I grew up on

Just recently however I bought one of those Pandora systems. Basically it's a two player arcade system control board, and it simply plugs into any TV, tablet etc, and my particular one has over 1200 games on it

I've been having so much fun with it since it arrived a couple of weeks ago, playing heaps of Street Fighter, X-Men vs Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, The Simpsons, Golden Axe, TMNT, Aliens vs Predator and so much more

Only cost just over $100 too, which is insanely cheap for how much it is imo!

Anyone who grew up in the 90's etc would love this and I can't recommend it highly enough!

Here's a 5 minute overview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6DJOW0aJHo
Simpsons as in Hit & Run??

Jukes

1. The Outer Worlds
2. Metro Exodus
3. Cyberpunk 2077