Main Menu

Video Games!

Started by PowerMan, September 01, 2010, 03:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Quote from: LF on August 03, 2017, 04:59:17 PM
Son prefers PS4,however we also have an Xbox which him and the other half went halves in(after Xmas sale so was cheap)just specifically for Forza but the other two kids sometimes play it,youngest however is also a PS4 fan.
They both have Netflix,Stan etc if you want to stream.
Xbox has a media player app which you can use to watch stuff off hard drives,the PS4 supposedly had an update to use hard drives but we still can't watch anything off it but I can link my computer to the PS4 and watch stuff off that.
If you have the PS4 Gold pass you can sometimes get some decent free games and good specials not sure with the Xbox pass because we don't have one.
And yeah if all your mates have a PS4 then I'd grab that and a good set of gaming headphones
Is your hdd formatted correctly? Mine works fine. Sometimes depends on the audio and video codecs of the files as well though.

LF

I moved everything to another hard drive to format it to work on the PS4 but it still didn't work and I almost stuffed the hard drive as well haha
I've bought a new one recently so I'll try that one
And yeah I know from using my laptop through the PS that some things won't play on it
No biggie tho as the laptop I'm on a lot and it's in the same room as our PS4 anyway

jvalles69

Surely you can use a PS4 media server on your computer, I used to use one on my laptop to stream my video files.

LF

Not too worried tbh we've got Netflix and Stan and the hard drives work in the tv and DVD players anyway

LordSneeze

For those of you that play on the PS4 get

Hellblade

It is IMO the best game of the year by a long way. You will not like it if you are looking for a COD/Sport/Action title, but if you want a linear puzzle game with simplistic controls & a amazing story then this is the only choice. Its only $30 too and AAA quality.

I really struggled to stop playing as it was that good, was heartbroken at certain points that i was tearing up, even after only a few hours, the main character brings you into the world so easily.

FYI you need good surround sound headphones to play it.

LordSneeze

Got GT Sport on preorder & gave it a play this morning. Been a big GT fan for years and wasn't disappointed with the gameplay. Haven't gone online yet, so cannot say for certain yet how good it will be, if there will be lag impacting gameplay and the level of replayability. Likely won't take part in the tournament model too much.

The game itself is smaller than most GT titles with limited tracks (12-16) and only about 160 cars, and being a standalone project its pretty solid. It does feels like it might just be a filler until GT7 comes out so if you don't like online racing and aren't in the top 10-15% of players you are going to struggle to compete for wins.

It will probably take around 12 hours to go through all the offline content with all gold if you are a reasonable player. Even if you don't like online gameplay and want to use the offline or Arcade modes you could easily get 20 hours out of this. While not as big as some of the previous games.

GoLions

Always been a fan of the GT games and dad said he wants it so he can buy it if he wants haha, he said he'd pre-order a while ago but never did :p

So, worth the ~$100? I have PS+ but we'd mainly play offline.

Unrelated, has anyone here played Amnesia? I just downloaded it from the PS store for free the other day (cause why not), have heard mixed reviews on it though so haven't gotten into it yet.

LordSneeze

Quote from: GoLions on October 18, 2017, 01:30:25 PM
Always been a fan of the GT games and dad said he wants it so he can buy it if he wants haha, he said he'd pre-order a while ago but never did :p

So, worth the ~$100? I have PS+ but we'd mainly play offline.

Unrelated, has anyone here played Amnesia? I just downloaded it from the PS store for free the other day (cause why not), have heard mixed reviews on it though so haven't gotten into it yet.

I got it for $69 and so far feel it will give me eough playtime to make it worthwhile. I measure if it was worthwhile based on how much time I spend playing it. Im happy if I get 1 hour per $5. Haven't plyed Arcade yet, but you need to work through the missions to unlock all the tracks.

I add all the free games to my library, but haven't played most of them yet. Amnesia is higher list of ones I want to try.

GoLions

Totally forgot that they were doing a remaster for Dark Souls, flowering keeeen. Release is end of May! Hope they do one for Demons as well.

Koop

My Epic Games username is KoopKay if anyone's looking for someone to play fortnite with :)

LordSneeze

Quote from: Koop on April 01, 2018, 10:19:27 PM
My Epic Games username is KoopKay if anyone's looking for someone to play fortnite with :)
Never played it. What's it like?

Jukes

Quote from: LordSneeze on April 03, 2018, 10:33:57 AM
It’s shower mate

GoLions

Quote from: Jukes on April 03, 2018, 11:21:42 AM
It’s shower mate
It's good if you're with a few mates

LordSneeze

Well my backlog is huge so im not sure ill join. I hate not finishing things so try to get all the trophies in all games. Lol. That doesn’t go too well most of the time and I just settle for 80-90%.

If people want to join any parties im always keen if I have the game not completed yet.

Keeper27

Quote from: Jukes on April 03, 2018, 11:21:42 AM
It’s shower mate

LOL savage.

its alright for a laugh with mates.

i know i'm super late to the party with this game but am officially addicted to Horizon Zero Dawn. got the complete version the other day and been smashing it flat out. i can understand why many consider this the best game of last year