Main Menu

Video Games!

Started by PowerMan, September 01, 2010, 03:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFEV

A big problem that COD faced as well is that FPS games as a genre have stagnated pretty badly in recent times. Being the most popular FPS game and an obvious contributor to that trend they've been hit pretty hard.

People think the Battlefield series is innovative and progressive in comparison, yet upon closer inspection BF4 and BF3 are the same game with a different engine. Hopefully Battlefront is better though.
But really if people want their favourite FPS series to change dramatically from game to game, you're playing the wrong genre and will be severely disappointed.

Pokemon has too much water.

Mat0369

Or the fact that CoD is getting gimmicky and catering to 12 year olds. Infinity Ward thought they would be smart asses and added a whole bunch of glitches back in to the game for MW3 even though Treyarch did their best in eliminating them for BLOPS. What made CoD 4 so good was how well it did the basics, MW2 was great until almost every game was either a camp/glitchfest (Rock glitch anyone?) and was ruined by stacked kill streaks.

jobe#4

what changed was COD use to award skilled players as it took more damage to kill somebody, nowadays killstreaks continue even if you die...so you only have to capture flags or gets kills to get streaks. there's no challenge anymore in getting a good streak

Mat0369

I remember the first time I went on a huge kill streak in MW2. There were so many camp spots on the maps on that game but it didn't frustrate me as much since I knew the tricks to kill them if they did go that route or I would just camp the campers when I realised what they were doing. The first time I had over 20 kills and 0 deaths was in Underpass. I was in a game and I got killed a couple times by a guy in one of the rooms but couldn't pick where he was the first time so watched the kill cam the 2nd. It turns out he was camping on the rafters and you don't think to look up there. The next game we started on that side so I waited him out. I kept killing him since he kept trying to go for the spot and ended up going 23-0. It was really easy to kill guys in those spots if you were playing with a mate since all you needed was a flash and semtax with one person waiting by the door. The n00b tube was also my anti camper weapon of choice, I would just pop a grenade where I knew they were and the rest was easy

I also remember playing a local game with some mates in CoD 4. Two of my mates were pretty good and experienced with the game but my mates bro had never played. We rock paper scissored and I ended up on a team with him. We were playing on vacant and ended up winning. He had 1 kill for the entire game while I went nuts and destroyed my mates. They kept bishing to each other the entire game getting pissed because what should have been an easy win and they were behind. Sweet, sweet victory

Pkbaldy

Quote from: jobe#4 on December 19, 2014, 04:18:01 PM
what changed was COD use to award skilled players as it took more damage to kill somebody, nowadays killstreaks continue even if you die...so you only have to capture flags or gets kills to get streaks. there's no challenge anymore in getting a good streak

That's why I used to play on a modded server where they had kill streaks turned off in COD4 Sabotage (Scrimming servers). Used to be so fun and you were rewarded for actually using your skill and effort to kill someone. Not press a key and watch your kills go up from a helicopter.

jobe#4

Quote from: Mat0369 on December 20, 2014, 02:51:11 AM
The n00b tube was also my anti camper weapon of choice, I would just pop a grenade where I knew they were and the rest was easy

if only you knew all the evil I have done with noob tube  haha

jobe#4

have 800 on Battlefield 3 across xbox 360 and PS3.

n00b question. I have bought Battlefield 4 on the PS3 and I don't have enough room to install the 380 MB of crap I need to put onto it... BF3 and Ghosts takes up about 1700KB so if I delete them I still wont have enough room. I have 12 GB console, I don't understand why I cant put it on?!!?

LF

Quote from: jobe#4 on December 27, 2014, 12:56:25 PM

n00b question. I have bought Battlefield 4 on the PS3 and I don't have enough room to install the 380 MB of crap I need to put onto it... BF3 and Ghosts takes up about 1700KB so if I delete them I still wont have enough room. I have 12 GB console, I don't understand why I cant put it on?!!?

Can't you plug a USB in to get more storage,I'm pretty sure that is what my daughter has done to get her stuff to save.

Jukes

Go to game data utility and delete a few games that you don't play anymore, some take up obscene amounts of space for no good reason

jobe#4

Quote from: Biff Tannen on December 27, 2014, 01:35:03 PM

Go to game data utility and delete a few games that you don't play anymore, some take up obscene amounts of space for no good reason
I only have Ghosts and BF3 on there and they don't take up much room, deleted FIFA 13 but I still need 380MB's!!
I may have to get a USB that will fit it on there, because I wanna get GTA V

Jukes

Quote from: jobe#4 on December 27, 2014, 03:36:19 PM

I only have Ghosts and BF3 on there and they don't take up much room, deleted FIFA 13 but I still need 380MB's!!
That's very weird, I had a lot of games loaded up on mine. Look around for other things that may be taking up space, but yeah otherwise get a USB or I know some places will upgrade your hard drive for you.

jobe#4

Quote from: Biff Tannen on December 27, 2014, 04:11:35 PM
Quote from: jobe#4 on December 27, 2014, 03:36:19 PM

That's very weird, I had a lot of games loaded up on mine. Look around for other things that may be taking up space, but yeah otherwise get a USB or I know some places will upgrade your hard drive for you.
it's 12 GB so it should have heaps more room! it came with Singstar pre loaded but I don't know how to delete it!
i'll keep looking and trying to delete more stuff, otherwise I'll use a USB

jobe#4

EB Games had a huge boxing day sale!

Battlefield 4 was $23
COD:Ghosts $23
GTA V $47

jobe#4

PSN network down again?

Jukes