Main Menu

Video Games!

Started by PowerMan, September 01, 2010, 03:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

No I mean 40 hours of actual game time. It generally doesn't include restarts and time paused, it only includes the game running/missions being played. I think it might have been less then a month because I remember when I saw the numbers I was shocked as I hadn't played it for what I thought was that long.

I will check the hours tomorrow, I know I only played the game for about a month before I got to the point where I didn't want to make a decision and stopped

AFEV

Quote from: KoopKicka on December 11, 2014, 12:04:39 AM
Well, reached 800 hours of CS:GO today, with Garrys Mod sitting at 750, plus a few games hovering around the 150 hours mark. Not sure whether to call myself sad yet. :P
That's not too bad, prop hunt is some of the most fun I've ever had playing a game with friends.

Also after 800 hours you're probs still only like Silver II or some bullshower like that. Always the way with CS, spend 100 hours playing it over 1 month, Silver Elite, some guy comes in plays 10 games and he's Global Elite and then you just cry and blindly run into the smoke....

Mat0369

I haven't checked Mass Effect yet, been busy

Mat0369

I checked it, I have 24 hours on my save file but that doesn't include the multiple restarts (including deaths). So I think it might have been 40 hours rather quickly and then that worked it's way up in that month. I dunno, hours played can tend to get confusing, I just know it was an f'ing lot.

GoLions

Quote from: Mat0369 on December 12, 2014, 01:28:02 AM
I checked it, I have 24 hours on my save file but that doesn't include the multiple restarts (including deaths). So I think it might have been 40 hours rather quickly and then that worked it's way up in that month. I dunno, hours played can tend to get confusing, I just know it was an f'ing lot.
After my first year of uni, I got something like 90 hours played in Dark Souls in the first 2-3 weeks of my holidays

GoLions

Just watched this Dark Souls speedrun done in 50:23 time. Was basically just staring at the screen in awe exclaiming "No, you can't do that. How do you even. What." the entire time. It's flowering ridiculous for those of you who have played (and I guess beaten) the game.

Big Mac

Quote from: GoLions on December 14, 2014, 05:26:50 PM
Just watched this Dark Souls speedrun done in 50:23 time. Was basically just staring at the screen in awe exclaiming "No, you can't do that. How do you even. What." the entire time. It's flowering ridiculous for those of you who have played (and I guess beaten) the game.

I haven't played it but how long did it take you to finish?

GoLions

Quote from: Big  Mac on December 14, 2014, 05:38:25 PM

Well, my in-game-time was like 90 hours (yes, that's correct), but I was afk for around 10 of those, so probably 80 hours. Two of my friends who are way way better than me completed it in I think 62 and 68 hours. But obviously once you've done it once, you can do it much much quicker the 2nd time around.

Big Mac

Quote from: GoLions on December 14, 2014, 05:47:11 PM

Well, my in-game-time was like 90 hours (yes, that's correct), but I was afk for around 10 of those, so probably 80 hours. Two of my friends who are way way better than me completed it in I think 62 and 68 hours. But obviously once you've done it once, you can do it much much quicker the 2nd time around.

90 hours isn't that long tbh - Pretty flowering long for only one play through though

GoLions

Quote from: Big  Mac on December 14, 2014, 07:02:48 PM
Quote from: GoLions on December 14, 2014, 05:47:11 PM

90 hours isn't that long tbh - Pretty flowering long for only one play through though
His time was 50 minutes btw, not hours

kilbluff1985

been playing Banished lately which is a city building game enjoying it

BratPack

Quote from: Mat0369 on December 11, 2014, 12:10:46 AM
Quote from: strikes91 on December 10, 2014, 07:33:47 PM
Whats a decent racing game on PS4

Is The Crew out yet? That is supposed to be the big release, I have no idea how it is though. Driveclub they seem to be giving away almost so I don't know if that is a good sign. Pity you don't have an X1 since Forza is available

One word: Microtransactions

Jukes

I don't necessarily agree with this, still think it's pretty relevant tho. Warning: some (two) offensive language.

https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/10255470_389729887818692_2954233433944733139_o.jpg

Mat0369

Quote from: Biff Tannen on December 14, 2014, 10:36:08 PM
I don't necessarily agree with this, still think it's pretty relevant tho. Warning: some (two) offensive language.

https://scontent-b-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/10255470_389729887818692_2954233433944733139_o.jpg

The person that made that is an idiot. The Pokemon games while basically the same game actually do a good job of upgrading each one while CoD has gone off a cliff since it peaked at 4. The only people I know that got the new one intentionally bought it as a free game in a deal to trade it in and get something else.

Mailman the 2nd

Pokemon gets tons of criticism too. Nintendo as an entire company has.

The difference between the two is that Nintendo tries its hardest to make new engines, graphics and appeal to different player bases every single generation they release.

COD did that too originally, but now that they have a deadline where they're forced to make the game in a year the content simply feels rehashed.