Main Menu

Video Games!

Started by PowerMan, September 01, 2010, 03:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jukes

yeah it's called bad game disease

You're still under warranty at least

GoLions

Yeah that used to happen to me when I played Need For Speed Most Wanted, and also on one of the Black Ops games. It eventually stopped happening after a day or 2.

Vinny

Never come across that mate, maybe google it. Sony have help websites and stuff Ive used once or twice.

I have a problem, I never even turn my ps3 off. I just forget, I turn the TV off but not the ps3. It's been on for an entire week once or twice.

Mat0369

Quote from: _wato on January 16, 2014, 03:35:35 PM
So flipping annoyed.

Go in and play two minutes of COD online on the PS3 and it freezes, then it says files may be corrupt and has to go through all that crap which it says may take 2-3 hours but instead it takes 20 seconds then i go to play it again and it freezes once I join a party or group. Same thing is beginning to occur with GTA but never happens with NBA 2k14.

Anyway to fix it? Some say its the disc while others say its the console? Getting really frustrated. PS3 is only about 2 months old, and is the slim version.

It is probably a patch corruption. Clear all the cache files and download the patches again, it should fix it

_wato

Thanks for the comments guys.

Have decided to remove the game data utility and completely download everything again. Have kept the game save files so all should be okay, and I won't lose my current playing data.

Hahahaha Vinny, you are gold mate.

Vinny

Hahah its probably on right now but I dont wanna go upstairs and turn it off cause its hot up there. :P

My Chumps

Quote from: _wato on January 16, 2014, 03:35:35 PM
So flipping annoyed.

Go in and play two minutes of COD online on the PS3 and it freezes, then it says files may be corrupt and has to go through all that crap which it says may take 2-3 hours but instead it takes 20 seconds then i go to play it again and it freezes once I join a party or group. Same thing is beginning to occur with GTA but never happens with NBA 2k14.

Anyway to fix it? Some say its the disc while others say its the console? Getting really frustrated. PS3 is only about 2 months old, and is the slim version.
Same thing happens with FIFA for me.

Windigo

Only had it for 2 months?  :o

I've had my fossilized overweight PS3 for like 6 years without any problem.  :P

Vinny

Quote from: Windigo on January 16, 2014, 07:06:31 PM
Only had it for 2 months?  :o

I've had my fossilized overweight PS3 for like 6 years without any problem.  :P

Hahah same! And I don't even turn mine off!  ;D

Windigo

Not bad.  :P

Can't be the original spider man text design.  :P

Vinny

Hahaha that reminds me Spider-Man 1 on PS2 was hands down one of the greatest games ever.

Windigo

I think I might have played that back in the day.  :o

Loved The Godfather on PS2. Was awesome.

My brother took my PS2 & my collection of games with him. Would have been keen to play them again.  :(

_wato

I loved the original Halo on Xbox, you couldn't beat it.

Vinny

Quote from: Windigo on January 16, 2014, 07:24:16 PM
I think I might have played that back in the day.  :o

Loved The Godfather on PS2. Was awesome.

My brother took my PS2 & my collection of games with him. Would have been keen to play them again.  :(

Haha nice.

I sold mine on EBay a few years ago :(

Still got some games tho! FIFA 09, GTA Vice City, GTA San Andreas.

And doubleohseven (Wato) I had the 007 Golden Eye game ;) ;D

_wato

Hahahah, I hate you :(