Main Menu

Video Games!

Started by PowerMan, September 01, 2010, 03:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoLions

Haha yeah it can be frustrating, and they had added some new shower just before I stopped playing a couple months back. Hopefully it hasn't changed too much by now.

Mat0369

What new stuff have they added?

I've been playing TD. I had a really good game where I had a couple of big kill streaks and the very next one guys were lagging all over the place and I was 0-8 and it was unplayable.  What's annoying is I leave the game and they throw me back in the exact same one.

GoLions

They had added all that supply drop stuff, which included some new melee weapons, and I had heard that they were going to add more shower as well (i.e. getting away from the original game to make it a bit more like the newer CODs).

I'm not sure if that actually happened or not though.

I think they had lag issues early on and then fixed it, but again, that was a few months ago :P

Mat0369

I saw that supply drop crap. I'm not forking out cash for that stuff. I'm treating it like the original

WhatMate

Downloaded watch dogs on the xbox one app store for free  :P havent played it yet, but remember watching the trailers for it when it came out and thought it was a cool concept

LordSneeze

Quote from: WhatMate on June 20, 2017, 04:52:29 PM
Downloaded watch dogs on the xbox one app store for free  :P havent played it yet, but remember watching the trailers for it when it came out and thought it was a cool concept

I got it when it came out, finished the whole game, but really didn't feel as refined as it should and could have been, especially the driving mechanics. 

I stopped playing COD when they brought in all the supply drop shower. You shouldn't have to pay cash to get the weapons. Go back to the old days when you bought a game and got the full game. I don't mind expansions if they are true expansions like The Witcher 3 etc. Not this season stuff they do staggering the content to just make you pay more.

jvalles69

Don't get the time to play games any more, but watching the God of War and Spiderman gameplay trailers is making it hard to NOT get a PS4...

GoLions

Quote from: GoLions on June 20, 2017, 03:08:09 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on June 20, 2017, 03:05:51 PM
Stand alone Modern Warfare is apparently coming out in the next couple of weeks. $60 price tag. I paid $69 a few weeks back for the crappy new game legacy edition when I caved so I'm okay with that.
You on PS4, XBOX, or PC? I've been feeling like getting back into MW lately. Playing Arkham Knight again atm though, just finished all of the Riddler trials and defeated him, was absolutely nuuuuuuuuuts. Definitely worth it though for that raunchy scene with Catwoman.
Just finished all the side quests and activated the Knightfall Protocol, fuarkkkk

Spite

Any suggestions for a good Xbox One RPG? (don't say elder scrolls please)

LordSneeze

Quote from: Spite on June 21, 2017, 03:13:54 PM

Really it depends on what type of RPG you are looking for. Shooter, Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Turn Based.

Some of these aren't great, but playable.
Final Fantasy
Fallout 4
The Witcher 3
The Technomancer
Bastion - Highly recommend if you haven't played it
Victor Vran
Child of Light
The Surge
Mass Effect Andromeda

Spite

Quote from: LordSneeze on June 21, 2017, 03:54:52 PM

Really it depends on what type of RPG you are looking for. Shooter, Action, Adventure, Fantasy, Turn Based.

Final Fantasy
Fallout 4
The Witcher 3
The Technomancer
Victor Vran
Child of Light
The Surge
Mass Effect Andromeda

Thanks! I'll research all of these. I like all types of RPG you mentioned. Have played Final Fantasy series and nearly bought Bastion the other day. Not great but playable isn't a great way to sell them though lol

LordSneeze

Quote from: Spite on June 21, 2017, 04:08:39 PM

Final Fantasy
Fallout 4
The Witcher 3
The Technomancer
Victor Vran
Child of Light
The Surge
Mass Effect Andromeda

Thanks! I'll research all of these. I like all types of RPG you mentioned. Have played Final Fantasy series and nearly bought Bastion the other day. Not great but playable isn't a great way to sell them though lol

Not trying to sell them

Mass Effect for example is littered with bugs
The Surge isn't great, but its unique
The Technomancer is complicated

If you like the genre though then it is worth given them a look at

TomK

Quote from: Spite on June 21, 2017, 04:08:39 PM

Final Fantasy
Fallout 4
The Witcher 3
The Technomancer
Victor Vran
Child of Light
The Surge
Mass Effect Andromeda

Would highly recommend Fallout though

GoLions

Soulssssss :P (might only be able to get 2 and 3 on the xbox one though)

TomK

Quote from: GoLions on June 21, 2017, 05:16:20 PM
Soulssssss :P (might only be able to get 2 and 3 on the xbox one though)
The first is there as well through backwards compatibility, it might actually come free with DS3, not 100% sure though.

edit: negative, does not come free, I reckon that was a preorder bonus but it's still cheap to buy at EB, all 3 are at the moment in fact.