Main Menu

Video Games!

Started by PowerMan, September 01, 2010, 03:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordSneeze

The AFL game just looks so bad. The only way I can see it working is if it is done similar to a Fifa style mechanics, but seeing as it is such a fast moving game then the movement from one player to the next really needs to be perfect otherwise it is just going to suck.

Im a huge gamer, currently replaying Dragon Age Inquisition with all DLC. When I played through originally I never did all the completionist tasks, so this one im doing all the side quests etc. Already 30 hours in and only 25% through the story.

Got Dark Souls 3, but haven't played it yet.
Actually my backlog of games is like 40 long.

GoLions

Quote from: LordSneeze on April 11, 2017, 12:03:40 PM
Do eeeet. I just finished the DLC 2 days ago. Although it doesn't make as much sense if you haven't played 1 and 2. Into NG+ now, wanna Plat this ahaha

R.Griffen

The AFL game just looks so bad. The only way I can see it working is if it is done similar to a Fifa style mechanics, but seeing as it is such a fast moving game then the movement from one player to the next really needs to be perfect otherwise it is just going to suck.
I'll still play it. Since we haven't seen a gameplay video yet hoping for the best. It's not really their fault EA probably would struggle too as in the real life game the ways of winning the ball are so different and unpredictable at high speeds it's impossible to replicate

Hawka

Quote from: R.Griffen on April 11, 2017, 12:11:08 PM
I'll still play it. Since we haven't seen a gameplay video yet hoping for the best. It's not really their fault EA probably would struggle too as in the real life game the ways of winning the ball are so different and unpredictable at high speeds it's impossible to replicate
AFL live was just a tackle fest, get the ball and you would just have players jumping all over you

Im keen for it, but i just want an AFL game that replicates how good 2006 was on ps2 back in the day!

LordSneeze

Quote from: GoLions on April 11, 2017, 12:08:54 PM
Do eeeet. I just finished the DLC 2 days ago. Although it doesn't make as much sense if you haven't played 1 and 2. Into NG+ now, wanna Plat this ahaha

I will at some point

I have finished 1
I have 2, but not completed it
I have 3, but not started it

If your on PS4, heres my profile, feel free to add me.
Sometimes I will go for the platinum, but most of the tie it involves excessive grinding, replaying full games at a harder difficulty or online trophies and I just don't have the time for it with all of the other games on my backlog.

GoLions

Haha yeah, a lottt of grinding in DS3 especially :p

Got plat for DS1, close to getting it for 2 iirc, 3 still got 2 playthroughs to go aha. I don't really play much else though so can focus on this :p

Just sent ya a friend request btw :)

LordSneeze

Quote from: GoLions on April 12, 2017, 11:39:25 AM

Got plat for DS1, close to getting it for 2 iirc, 3 still got 2 playthroughs to go aha. I don't really play much else though so can focus on this :p

DS grinding I don't mind as that is more grinding for levels and the gameplay is pretty fun, its the ones that require you to go and find 500 items for one trophy etc. Its not too bad In something like DA as it coincides with the exploring of all the areas.

Need to finish Bloodborne at some point aswell.

Gonna Plat NFS rivals when I get around to completing all the speed lists, already got all the skill trophies already.

I play so many thing that I struggle a lot of the time, and the games I do play are normally 30 hours + gameplay.

Hawka

Well the ratings dont fill me with confidence
David Myers 80 Zach Merrett 79

Seems like they did ratings at the start of last season

Rookies and spuds are rated to high

Mat0369

Quote from: Hawka on April 13, 2017, 02:16:29 PM
Well the ratings dont fill me with confidence
David Myers 80 Zach Merrett 79

Seems like they did ratings at the start of last season

Rookies and spuds are rated to high

GoLions

Quote from: LordSneeze on April 12, 2017, 11:47:10 AM
Quote from: GoLions on April 12, 2017, 11:39:25 AM

DS grinding I don't mind as that is more grinding for levels and the gameplay is pretty fun, its the ones that require you to go and find 500 items for one trophy etc. Its not too bad In something like DA as it coincides with the exploring of all the areas.

Need to finish Bloodborne at some point aswell.

Gonna Plat NFS rivals when I get around to completing all the speed lists, already got all the skill trophies already.

I play so many thing that I struggle a lot of the time, and the games I do play are normally 30 hours + gameplay.
Grinding for covenant rank rewards is a pain in ds3 though, particularly for Blades of the Darkmoon. Dark Souls 1 was so much easier :P

I also need to finish BB, still pretty early on in it. Finished it with mates but not on my own character haha.

DazBurg

DazBurg

AFL broke it's street date
got myself a copy  ;D

Mat0369

Stand alone Modern Warfare is apparently coming out in the next couple of weeks. $60 price tag. I paid $69 a few weeks back for the crappy new game legacy edition when I caved so I'm okay with that.

GoLions

Quote from: Mat0369 on June 20, 2017, 03:05:51 PM
Stand alone Modern Warfare is apparently coming out in the next couple of weeks. $60 price tag. I paid $69 a few weeks back for the crappy new game legacy edition when I caved so I'm okay with that.
You on PS4, XBOX, or PC? I've been feeling like getting back into MW lately. Playing Arkham Knight again atm though, just finished all of the Riddler trials and defeated him, was absolutely nuuuuuuuuuts. Definitely worth it though for that raunchy scene with Catwoman.

Mat0369

X1. I forgot how frustrating online play can be in that game. I thought they would have added the ability to pick local servers only to eliminate some of the lag.