Main Menu

Video Games!

Started by PowerMan, September 01, 2010, 03:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jvalles69

Just got a Samsung Gear VR free with my new Galaxy S7, damn its fun!

Any Vic's done this yet? https://www.zerolatencyvr.com/

_wato

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 03, 2016, 11:44:30 AM

That actually looks pretty cool. $88 for an hour is a bit rich though, don't you think??

jvalles69

Quote from: _wato on May 03, 2016, 01:34:25 PM

That actually looks pretty cool. $88 for an hour is a bit rich though, don't you think??

I guess its the only place in Oz that does it, and it's basically like paintballing I guess straight for 50 odd minutes, paintballing cost way more than that cos you have to buy bullets too.  I'm happy to pay that for the experience, ppl I know who have done it said its worth having a try, minor glitches, but very good.  I'm over in Melbs for a conference in early June so might give it a crack then.

_wato

Quote from: jvalles69 on May 03, 2016, 01:37:01 PM

I guess its the only place in Oz that does it, and it's basically like paintballing I guess straight for 50 odd minutes, paintballing cost way more than that cos you have to buy bullets too.  I'm happy to pay that for the experience, ppl I know who have done it said its worth having a try, minor glitches, but very good.  I'm over in Melbs for a conference in early June so might give it a crack then.

Yeah that's fair enough mate. Also, you don't end up with huge welts all over yourself hahaha, but that is half the fun of paintball :P
I reckon I'd give it a crack also, and it'd be pretty cool doing it with a heap of mates. Only trouble is that I live over 6 hours away so anything like that would have to become a weekend trip and probably not worth it unless footy and/or lots of beers were involved. Definitely something I'd do left of centre though!!!

Big Mac

Quote from: _wato on May 03, 2016, 01:51:43 PM
Quote from: jvalles69 on May 03, 2016, 01:37:01 PM

Yeah that's fair enough mate. Also, you don't end up with huge welts all over yourself hahaha, but that is half the fun of paintball :P
I reckon I'd give it a crack also, and it'd be pretty cool doing it with a heap of mates. Only trouble is that I live over 6 hours away so anything like that would have to become a weekend trip and probably not worth it unless footy and/or lots of beers were involved. Definitely something I'd do left of centre though!!!

Always thought you lived in inner Melb for some reason  :P obviously not

Like a 15 min drive from me so I might have to check it out

_wato

Really??? Hahaha didn't mean to write, 6, more like 4 hours but yeah, I wish I did hahaha

Nige

Inner Melb wouldn't be too bad tbh, it'd ease the reliance on public transport.

Don't mind being a suburbs lad otherwise though haha.

On the topic of video games, getting hyped for the new Pokemon game that comes out later this year!

Barra13

I just want Day Z to come out on console already.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Barra13 on May 03, 2016, 05:59:51 PM

gonna be a while bro

i watch dayz streams on twitch

Barra13

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 04, 2016, 02:55:22 PM

gonna be a while bro

Yeah so do I. Probably have crossed paths some time haha.

I gave up and bought a bunch of parts build a PC and play it.  ::)

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Barra13 on May 06, 2016, 11:52:55 AM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 04, 2016, 02:55:22 PM

gonna be a while bro

Yeah so do I. Probably have crossed paths some time haha.

I gave up and bought a bunch of parts build a PC and play it.  ::)

i watch TheLoyalPatriot mostly

Nige

First trailers for Pokemon Sun and Moon have been released! ;D

Spite

Quote from: Nige on May 11, 2016, 10:44:09 PM

wtf is with the water starter? Looks horrible. Like the look of the grass owl, fire cat seems ok though

Nige

Quote from: Spite on May 15, 2016, 12:38:03 AM
Quote from: Nige on May 11, 2016, 10:44:09 PM

wtf is with the water starter? Looks horrible. Like the look of the grass owl, fire cat seems ok though
Pretty much my thoughts exactly.

I do like the region being based off Hawaii.

Not sure about the circus theme of the starters though. Will wait to see final evolutions and their typings. I get the feeling that based on the owl being grass/flying, the cat could be fire/rock but the starter looks like fire/dark. I think there's a decent chance the sea lion becomes water/fairy.

LaHug

Yeah, I'm guessing Grass/Flying, Fire/Dark, Water/Fairy. Water/Fairy is probably the best offensive/defensive combination you could have so, if that ends up being the case, that fugly little seal will be my starter. Otherwise, I'll stick with my first choice of Rowlett.