2011 Countdown: Kurt Tippett

Started by ossie85, September 01, 2010, 08:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

2010 Stats
Games: 22
Total Score: 1489 (Ranked 149th overall, 28th amongst forwards, 11th amongst ruckmen)
Average Score: 67.68 (Ranked 298th overall, 78th amongst forwards, 18th amongst ruckmen)
High: 153 (Round 14)
Low: 16 (Rounds 3 and 8 )
Standard Deviation: 38.92
Centuries: 6 out of 22
Starting Price: $425,900
High Price: $479,300 (round 15)
Lowest Price: $278,200 (round 5)

Summary:

Oh, Kurt. If only you scored consistently. Tippett, without a doubt, was my most frustrating player last year. By the end of round 2, people were jumping off him. I was calm. Said no, let's stay with him. And back him up. What does he do in round 3? Score 16. Sigh. But that point I thought I may as well stick with him. And, during that glorious period between Rounds 10 and 15 when he scored 5 centuries, I was feeling quite chuffed. Though he still managed to score a 31 amongst all that. He averaged 49.3 from rounds 1-9, 106.5 from rounds 10-15, and 58 from rounds 16-22 (hence his very high standard deviation). I am thankful I decided to start Dennis-Lane instead of Tippett in the grand final. Proved crucial points.

HOWEVER, Tippett, in tandom with Matthew Lobbe, did prove very useful with MPP and personally saved me a few zeroes throughout the year. This is his only saving grace.

The Crystal Ball:

Based on last year's magic number

Price: $359,500
Position: FWD/RUC

I think that given Tippett rotated between ruck and forward again this year, he should still be a MPP player next year. Surely, SURELY he won't be as inconsistent as last year, but no doubt he will still bring in the stinkers. He should hopefully have a more complete preseason (was clearly playing with an injury at the start of the year). I'd bet on a few more centuries next year from this developing key position player, as his Adelaide Crows begin their rebuilding process.

Decision:

A lot will depend on the fitness of Drew Petrie. If Petrie is fit, and a FWD/RUC, I reckon more people will select Petrie. With the byes in next year, multi-positional players will be crucial, and given Tippett is cheaper than last year's starting price, he could still be a very handy player. Unfortunately, I am considering him, and the stress this will cause. But hey, that's all part of the fun right? RIGHT?

Staying away from Kurt this year fellas?

Want some more procrastination? Other 2011 Countdown threads here:
Gary Ablett jnr
Tom Scully

Justin Bieber

If Tippett is below 350k, could be worth it as an X factor. Risky but I think Petrie and Tippett (1 in forwards, 1 in rucks) could be a popular combo. MPP cover incase somebody gets injured and will be with 2 guys who CAN score well.

Didn't get him this year but thinking about it next. Could step with the Vets stepping down? Will be copping number 1 defender, but hopefully he can get the better off them next year.

CrowsFan

I agree with HP about getting both Tippett and Petrie, very handy if the one in the ruck has a bye and you just swap them over and bring on a bench forward who you would think should score higher than bench rucks.

I had Tippett this year and was frustrated at times, but other times I loved him. Will prob get him again next year

Hawka

Being a mppp will help and may have a massive year but not quite sure yet hes a maybe for my teams

tony73

Tip rat may just be a forward next year!

He did not ruck much

CFC 1979

tippett almost made the banned list form my sides

more like parole given MPP

ps; exceptional work ossie ;D

Alex7089

The Tip Rat doesn't come near my team after last year. Ever. He is my Fev (HP)

roo boys!

Quote from: Alex7089 on September 01, 2010, 10:08:44 PM
The Tip Rat doesn't come near my team after last year. Ever. He is my Fev (HP)
Same, i have never had him, never will have him.

Alex7089

Wise man R&B!
I mean, the guy only scored over 80 twice in a row once last year he is the exact opposite of what I look for in a player!

roo boys!

Same, I look for consistency when choosing my men.

ossie85

Quote from: roo boys! on September 04, 2010, 06:08:45 AM
Same, I look for consistency when choosing my men.

Candidate for quote of the year?

roo boys!

I didn't mean it that way but I purposely said it with a double meaning, should I edit it?
But the quote will still be there.

ossie85

I'm only playing :)

I thought it was good!

roo boys!

OK, I will leave it there then. :)

Alex7089

Haha very funny R&B!
Yeah, personally I like to go into a game knowing my player will score well, not hoping he won't score under 50...