Main Menu

The Q Strategy

Started by Master Q, August 30, 2010, 06:18:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

In this thread, I will discuss my plans for 2011. This  will sort of be my sketching book if you get what I mean, I will list my tactics and structure all that sort of stuff. I've talked about the 2011 seasons in multiple threads, but I just thought I'd put it all together.

Sketch 1:

As we you may know, the Dream Team structure will be very different in 2011. At this current stage, you will start with 22 on the field, with 3 Back Benches, 3 Midfield Benches and 3 Forward benches with the current 2 Benches for the Ruck. This has made me think a little bit more, I think I won't use too much money on the Rucks, and not fiddle with them like nearly every coach this year. This can be done by using my Secret weapon, which I'll talk about later.

As we all know, the position with the most premiums is the Midfield, and, Midfield Premiums general score higher then most other Premiums. In 2010, people didn't need to go out with a Midfield as strong as a Boozaka, because of the great Rookies from the draft, like Basti,Martin and Barlow. Although the draft has not occurred yet, I doubt this will happen again, and I will follow part of my 2009 Midfield strategy (My most successful year was 09) which is loading up. However, as the game has changed, you have to be smarter. With the bye, you can't load up on one team, obviously. But this isn't the reason for a small change in my strategy. Obviously, you can't poor too much money into one position, so Instead of spending my money on Super Premiums like Swan, Ablett and Joey, I am going to probably go with Swan, then buy those consistent Premiums who aren't too expensive, like Judd or Mitchell. I won't be afraid to get 2 or 3 players from the same team, as I'm happy to spend a little bit extra to bring in a reliable backup when the bye occurs.

I'd like to spread my midfield out like this: (Also, just so you you know, the S means super  ;) )

S-Premium (Most likely Swan)   High Priced Premium (Not a S-Premium though)   Premium      Premium    Cheap Premium    Rookie

Bench:   Reliable, High Pick Rookie         Average Price Rookie         Punt Rookie (Cheap, 88-77k)

I hope the GC Rookies aren't priced very high, If not which is probably what is going to happen, I will slot someone like Toy or Swallow in the Starting Rookie, and maybe in the Reliable Rookie depending on my other cover.
Hopefully, my midfield strategy saves me some cash.

After I pick my Midfielder, I would move onto the Ruck Depo.

My Rucks will be my League winning area. As I mentioned earlier, I have a secret weapon. Some may know who he is, as I'm always talking about him. His name is Zac Smith. Gold Coasts No.1 Ruckmen. He's in his low 20's, but his body is as strong as other ruckmen. He will be at Rookie price, as he is one. He is a massive 205cm and is still growing. He will be a great 3rd Ruck, as he will play most games, so I always have cover and don't have to spend much on the other Bench warmers. My other Bench positions are undecided, but I'll list some thoughts. I'm thinking of making my Midfield like this:

Sandi    Ryder (Or maybe someone else around his price)

Bench: Zac Smith     Young Ruckmen who hasn't played many games (Maybe Jake Spencer, Ayce Cordy, Lobbe?)     

My Forward and Backs is going to be a Premium/Rookie combo. I am expecting I will have quite a bit left over. I already have Hodge and Goddard circled in for the backs, and (Nick) Riewoldt for the Forwards. I'll have 1 or 2 Cheap Premiums in the Backs and Forwards then some Cash Cows. In these 2 positions, I will be looking for MPP's.

Please understand, this is my first draft! Don't have a huge crack at me, Please give some suggestions though, I'm hoping we can turn this into a base for many teams. Back and Forward advice is needed more then the other 2 areas.

Thanks Q

benjy251090

suggestion for 4th ruck, get a fwd/ruck mpp as i am assuming you, like many will get petrie up front, and if he is mpp, could be useful to swap between them if needed

DazBurg

hey Q just a suggestion with the bye coming in the Mmp will become even more important so if they don't change goddard or hodge's positions maybe having one in mids and one in backs for the Mmp ?.......was one thing i was thinking bout

DazBurg

Quote from: benjy251090 on August 30, 2010, 06:26:02 PM
suggestion for 4th ruck, get a fwd/ruck mpp as i am assuming you, like many will get petrie up front, and if he is mpp, could be useful to swap between them if needed
+1
was thinking this too  of course we will have to watch preseason to make sure his body is right

Master Q

Wasn't thinking about Petrie, good suggestion, I'll think about him. 4th Ruck will have to be a MPP, he won't be played much.

DazBurg, I think it will have to be Hodge to go into the Midfield, as I think God will be priced as a Super.

Master Q

Hodge as the " High Priced Premium "

benjy251090

really? you weren't thinking of him, he has been good the last few years and with a heavy discount could be good

DazBurg

Quote from: Master Q on August 30, 2010, 06:39:39 PM
Wasn't thinking about Petrie, good suggestion, I'll think about him. 4th Ruck will have to be a MPP, he won't be played much.

DazBurg, I think it will have to be Hodge to go into the Midfield, as I think God will be priced as a Super.

well yeah then hodge is the go and you have the mmp working back to mid then mid to fwd for what you were already planning then go petrie for the fwd to ruck and you already have leeway in every possie before even picking your bench.... :)  thats what i'm planning atm

RyanV22

I'm definitely going to use MPP more 2011. My midfield structure is quite different to yours. Looks like this:

S-Premium  S-premium  Rookie  Rookie  Rookie  Rookie
Bench Rookie  Rookie  Rookie

I think rather than trying to take a punt on mid pricers like I did this year with Masten, Dangerfield etc. I'd load up on rookies who can score around the same or higher. This is all praying that my rookies will play like the rookies of this year. Players returning from injury is another will play a big part in my selection too.

Master Q

Quote from: benjy251090 on August 30, 2010, 06:48:03 PM
really? you weren't thinking of him, he has been good the last few years and with a heavy discount could be good
Well it's my first sketch. That's for the suggestion.

Thanks Dazburg.

So currently the MPP's will be Goddard Hodge Petrie, is there another one, possibly a Forward or Ruck?

Midfield Locks:

Swan and Hodge   
---------------------

Ryan, if you look in the First Sketch you see that I mention how good the draft was. You aren't going to find another 8 rookies who are always going to play. Also,there is only one Mid-Pricer in the current Midfield, which is actually meant to be a Cheap Premium  ;)

jamster

im going 4 premiums two rookies this year for mids

swan premium anthony premium davidswallow rookie
good idea

and then in the backs

gibbs goddard kelly harris otten  cheapie rookie
master q can i ask you if a certain unique player will be awesome next year?
keep it a secret though?

Master Q

RyanV22

I just have a great disdain for mid priced players as they rarely have the breakout season they are hyped up to have. You're right in the fact that it will be hard to find seven rookies who will deliver consistent scores of 60 upwards let alone play.

Master Q

Sketch 2

Unless an Injury or poor Pre-Season reports, It looks like Drew Petrie, will join the team, with the Hodge moving from the Backs to the Midfield. Moving Hodge to the Mids that it will make room for someone like Lake to line up with Goddard. We've now got 3 Players Midfield positions locked in.

Swan   Hodge     Toy/Swallow (Rookie)

With Goddard locked in as a Defender, and Petrie as a Forward.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Ryan, he's not a Mid-Price player, he's a Premium.

DazBurg

Quote from: Master Q on August 30, 2010, 07:01:04 PM
Quote from: benjy251090 on August 30, 2010, 06:48:03 PM
Well it's my first sketch. That's for the suggestion.

Thanks Dazburg.

So currently the MPP's will be Goddard Hodge Petrie, is there another one, possibly a Forward or Ruck?

Midfield Locks:

Swan and Hodge   
---------------------

Ryan, if you look in the First Sketch you see that I mention how good the draft was. You aren't going to find another 8 rookies who are always going to play. Also,there is only one Mid-Pricer in the current Midfield, which is actually meant to be a Cheap Premium  ;)
forward-ruck options could be
petrie...who of course we thinking him forward so 4 the 4th ruck could have
tippett
cameron cloke
and matthew lobbe
so not a great lot have to hope some rookies come out
damn on screen keyboard takes ages to write with need to buy a keyboard tomorrow......lol
damn my internet.....load...lol