The Gary Ablett Jnr Thread

Started by ossie85, August 30, 2010, 10:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blueboys

I am happy with Swan, Boyd, Judd, bartel, Cotchin and Goodes!  8)

cortez

Wouldn't it be better to put goodes in your forwards and have another Prem mid?

Hippo

Quote from: cortez on July 25, 2011, 01:59:10 PM
If he has done the same as me then its not better! MPP prem is the go for cover between the 2 areas!

I have ROK there atm (could be Sylvia, harvey, Goodes etc etc whoever)

Rd 20 covers Boyd
Rd 21 covers Harvey
Rd 22 covers Chapman
Rd 23 covers Judd

So by having 1 extra Prem they cover the 2 areas for the run home

If i chose to get Prem mid then i wouldn't get as much use out of him (only cover Boyd and Judd) this way covers twice as much

cortez

Yes you do get cover but are your going to score as many points? I think not.

Hippo

If its Bartel like most have him as 7th Mid then yes you can score just as much

Or are you going to score more in the long with a Montanga on the bench and only comes in for 2 games for the rest of the year? i think not

cortez

Everyone has there own opinions on how to win and how to shape there team. But i think personally that your team will be better with ablett in it than with him not in it. No mpp will score as well as him and only a couple of mids score as well as him. Imo if you wanna win your league he is one bloke that will Definatly help you.

Blueboys

Quote from: cortez on July 25, 2011, 01:59:10 PM

I like the mpp value since me team is completed  ;)

luke_dicko

i have heath shaw, bob murphy, suckling and sandilands on the pine, would love to trade higgins for gablett.
1 trade will be for heath possibly 1 for sandi
I only have 3 trades left and $323000 banked, what do yous think?

cortez

I'd take ablett over higgins any day

luke_dicko

as would i, but i id have to pray for no injuries for the rest of the year hmmm decisions

roo boys!

If you have that much coin and those stars on the bench then you could downgrade one of them (Shaw probably) and then upgrade a rookie to Ablett?

luke_dicko

theyre only on the bench because theyre injured im in need of another back as ill lose scotland in the prelim if i get there but not enough trades and gotta have ablett i think, hoping sandi comes good so petrie can go fwd and j roo can warm the bench.

scotland, deledio, goddard, heppel, lower, puopolo, otten. (murphy, shaw, suckling)

pendles, boyd, priddis, swan, hodge, higgins (hibberd, mzungu, callinan)

cox, petrie (sandi, gawn)

goodes, rok, fyfe, pavlich, franklin, n roo, j roo (darling, mckernan, J tippet)

charliesheen

Shaw > Fisher/S. Martin

If Higgin's misses this week with a knee do the trade 100%.  Otherwise its a 50/50 call, personally I would pull the trigger, because he did his job as a place holder.

Higgins > Ablett
Mzungu > Ablett is also an option.

That leaves 1-2 trades left depending on whether you traded Ablett in.

Quote from: luke_dicko on July 25, 2011, 09:02:04 PM
theyre only on the bench because theyre injured im in need of another back as ill lose scotland in the prelim if i get there but not enough trades and gotta have ablett i think, hoping sandi comes good so petrie can go fwd and j roo can warm the bench.

scotland, deledio, goddard, heppel, lower, puopolo, otten. (murphy, shaw, suckling)

pendles, boyd, priddis, swan, hodge, higgins (hibberd, mzungu, callinan)

cox, petrie (sandi, gawn)

goodes, rok, fyfe, pavlich, franklin, n roo, j roo (darling, mckernan, J tippet)

luke_dicko

i think im going to go hibberd to ablett this week losing my dpp to back but shouldnt need it i wouldnt think and shaw to fisher next week that way after higgins has his 3 weeks off with a runny nose he'll be good cover mids and fwd

Ringo

I would be tempted to go MzUngu to Ablett myself as I can not see him making much more cash.  Will keep your DPP with Hibberd.  Then will also allow you to use Higgins DPP as well as additional forward cover should you need to play Petrie in Rucks longer.