The Gary Ablett Jnr Thread

Started by ossie85, August 30, 2010, 10:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliesheen

Quote from: dmac07 on July 05, 2011, 08:30:23 PM
wait a week and get him if going for league. You might get save a little $$, but even if ablett gets 150 and prestia 50 you should still be up for the same amount. And with the multi bye you never know if another one of your premiums may get injured this week and change your plans.

this is precisely it.  you may as well do it now, because you never know what could happen next week in terms of injuries suspensions and etc.. and you may need those trades the following week for something else.

LF

do it this week like charlie said you may need the trades somewhere else.
i did heppell to fisher in the saints bye week because i was going to anyway and i had enough cover(praying nothing happened to fisher at training).lucky i did that trade then because i then had to get rid of sandilands last week to have a decent ruck(cox bye) and i could also continue with my planned back upgrade for the week.
sometimes you just need to risk it and hope it turns out the way you need it to.

ajjewell

I would be taking the risk and doing the trade this week as well, as the lads above have said, I think you are better off getting it out of the way this week and being in a position to do something if need be next round

nathan11

wait a week and get him if going for league. You might get save a little $$, but even if ablett gets 150 and prestia 50 you should still be up for the same amount. And with the multi bye you never know if another one of your premiums may get injured this week and change your plans.

the most important reason to wait is what if it is Ablett that gets injured this week?? or one of your prem mids, you could use less money to bring him in for one of these and can wait for prestia to fatten up more

LF

Quote from: nathan11 on July 06, 2011, 05:11:14 PM

the most important reason to wait is what if it is Ablett that gets injured this week?? or one of your prem mids, you could use less money to bring him in for one of these and can wait for prestia to fatten up more
it doesn't matter who you bring in any week that player could get injured that week anyway.look at mundy a lot of people traded him in the week he got injured.every trade you make no matter when is always a risk.

nathan11

[/quote] it doesn't matter who you bring in any week that player could get injured that week anyway.look at mundy a lot of people traded him in the week he got injured.every trade you make no matter when is always a risk.
[/quote]

true, but no league games this week so no reward for taking the risk this week

Carn

Not having Ablett is killing me in the rankings. Should I:
Pederson to Rookie
Bartel to Ablett
will leave me with 3 trades left...

BlackMamba

Since your going for league I don't see any point in wasting trades on a non-league round unless you wanna save a couple of bucks.

Blues17

wow so many ideas. I really don't know. Probably will wait till like 6.35 to make the trade lol.

Well at least prestia was named thats the 1st thing. If he gets named the sub though that could ruin plans

charliesheen

imo, just play it as if you were going for overall

How much cash do you expect to gain from Prestia by delaying the ablett trade? 

What scores do you project ablett to get against sydney?

What scores do you project prestia to get?

IMO, it is not going to be of any significant value you may as well just do the trade when you add in Ablett potential deficit & prestias potential profit

Slammer

Just heard Ablett is injured. How bad?

Spinking

Just subbed off on 23. Glad I decided on Swan for the C!!!

Ringo

Just started another post did not see yours so removed mine. He has been subbed so it is reasonably serious.  Happened in first quarter and tried ice strapping and run throughs.  Came back on in second quarter and played forward but eventually succumbed.

bad luck to those who had the C on him this wee.

browny_wce

Ands he's been subbed... Fark!!
46 for my captain :(

Muneem

Quote from: browny_wce on July 09, 2011, 09:01:13 PM
Ands he's been subbed... Fark!!
46 for my captain :(

Same. FMSC!!  :-\