Started by ossie85, August 30, 2010, 10:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charliesheen

Quote from: nathan11 on June 23, 2011, 11:08:08 PM
would think upgrading harris would be a better idea

+1 mate.

nathan11

Quote from: Prospector_1 on June 23, 2011, 11:16:11 PM
Harris is bye free ... and not bleeding the same way.

harris might be bye free but he isn't playing this week and may get rested again and doesn't score as well as a poorly performing cross

Prospector_1

OK, full trades proposed are Cross --> Ablett, Darling --> Sylvia.
On average, these 2 trades improve my team by 60 ppg.

To make a decent forward upgrade AND get Ablett, Cross must go.

Harris will be back.

charliesheen

Prospector_1

charlie, I have watched yer advice, and think yer with it. Do you mind giving a few reasons? My reservation is Sylvia doesn't play better than 18 games a season.

charliesheen

I would rather you get Harris > Ablett.  Take Cross's score against GCFC, surely he will get 100, deal with him later.

Grab Sylvia or whatever forward next week (yes his price will go up 10-20k but I wouldn't be concerned).

Might need another downgrade, like Rookie > Callinan

meow meow

It's quite simple really. If you keep him, he will continue to be played as a tagger. But if you ditch him, you will see him unleashed and return to his 2010 scoring form.

The dogs have an easy run home, and can still make finals. Plenty of opportunities to score well. Eade may or may not have been trialing a few different tactics and players. Cross' real value to the team is still as an attacking mid, and Rodney should have realised this based on the teams performances w/out Cross in his normal role. But he did a great job on Fyfe and Priddis, so the temptation to use him will always be there. 

I'm keeping him, so i'd be chuffed if you sack him so he can score at levels not seen before.

Prospector_1

Agreed charlie, Callinan is on the radar (has been all season, of course).

"Whatever forward" = Didak or Duncan, I'm not a fan here.

Cross will keep bleeding. Eade keeps giving him the tagging job. A one week reprieve is, in my mind, hardly a change of role.

This is a 115 ppg player who is averaging 92! If I have trades (I think I do), surely he must go?

Prospector_1

meow, you are bang on the money - sure as I trade him, Gablett will fail, and Cross will post a 143!

charliesheen

lets say you do your trades?  How much cash is left over mate?

Prospector_1

sfa. (less than $5k - more like $2k)

meow meow

Meow is always bang on the money. Surely that piece of advice deserves another 2 stars? I'll find this years Dustin Martin for you next year if you make it happen.

Gary will not fail though. He's too good at winning contested ball, and using it efficiently under pressure. Only injury can stop him.

Prospector_1

Quote from: meow meow on June 24, 2011, 12:03:26 AM
...Only injury can stop him.

Lot of folk reckon he will get at least one week's rest during the rest of the season ...

meow meow

Well Cross has a bye to go anyway, so it's a draw on that front.

Prospector_1

yep, and >30 ppg improvement ...