The Gary Ablett Jnr Thread

Started by ossie85, August 30, 2010, 10:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Quote from: Alex7089 on September 01, 2010, 10:09:49 PM
I think although he probably should be SC won't do that geez imagine if we could of this year, would of been a consistent forward :o :o :o The first and only.

Ablett use to be MPP FWD/MID a few years ago :(

I'm starting to think that Ablett will be MPP, but Chapman, Hodge, Didak and Goddard will only be midfielders :(

Master Q

hawk_88

Hodge and Goddard probably, not Dids or Chappy though. Still play a fair amount of time in the forward line.

Hawka

youd think chappy and didak would stay mpp

Alex7089

Anybody else think Goddard could go from mid/def to fwd/mid? He spent a bit of time up there in the absence of Big Nick this year...

Fletch74

Quote from: Alex7089 on September 03, 2010, 09:35:39 AM
Anybody else think Goddard could go from mid/def to fwd/mid? He spent a bit of time up there in the absence of Big Nick this year...
No, I wouldn't think so. I think he'll be a mid only next year

hawk_88

Quote from: Alex7089 on September 03, 2010, 09:35:39 AM

He spent 3 games up forward. The rest he has played midfield but taken himself all over the ground.

tickford

GAJ to suns has a potential to raise his scores

Nobody mentioned or thought about score standardisation?

I'm sure the talent level accross the board at the Cats meant that GAJ would be pegged back by the standardisation of scores at the end of each game

In reality this may be what means his scores will stay on par with the past, what with less protection in the centre etc at the suns negatively effecting him

Alex7089

Good point, that and he would be where he plays best- in the midfield, unlike the cats they couldn't afford to have him and not have him in the middle.

Samm79

Fair point tickford.

One of the other things to consider though is that the Sun's probably won't have the same amount of the ball that the Cats have, so the opposition of the Suns will get a greater portion of the points than the Cats opponents.

Personally, I think GAJ will get more attention from the opposition than at the Cats and the Suns will have less of the ball than the Cats. This to me equals less potential points of GAJ.

hawk_88

The issue with standardisation is that it happens across the match, not the team. I don't think this will be to his advantage too much.

benjy251090

if he stays at geelong, i may get him

if he goes to the suns, i will give him time to see how he goes/to see his price goes down

on another note, goddard average higher than him and using the magic number of this year, goddard falls short of 700K so at under 700K, GAJ could be worth a look at

Master Q

benjy251090

goddard falling under 700K, he should be the most expensive player as he averaged the highest, so i am naturally assuming GAJ will be under 700K to

Alex7089

Yeah GAJ under 700k for the first time in a while.

I would rather God over GAj, although may rethink that if he stays at Geelong.