The Gary Ablett Jnr Thread

Started by ossie85, August 30, 2010, 10:59:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fever

depends if you support terrorism or freedom

all about winning

all depends on what hair cut you like,   the Perm or the Bold Eagle

Scrays

It is time i think for me to bring in GAJ...my dilemma is with what the other trade will be for him.
Need to get some feedback/opinions on the following options:

Downgrade Libba for Joshua Green ---- Then D. Swallow for GAJ

or

Downgrade Libba for Michael Evans ---- Then D. Swallow for GAJ

Is green or evans going to become regular starters? or do i look to upgrade/downgrade elsewhere?

Team below

B. Delidio, B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, C. Enright, S. Hurn, N. Duigan, P. Puopolo, <L. Thompson, D. Heppell, J. Batchelor>

D. Mundy, M. Boyd, J. Selwood, T. Cotchin, T. Liberatore, D. Swallow, <D. Swan, S. Atley, I. Smith>

D. Petrie, Z. Smith, <A. Sandilands, M. Bailey>

L. Franklin, M. Pavlich, A. Goodes, N. Riewoldt, J. Darling, ROK, A. Krakouer, < Mzungu, T.Lynch, C. Richardson>

Macman5005

Another option would be to downgrade Libba to Nicholson (Melbourne D/M) which would provide you with a link to Goddard, Gibbs, Delideo and Heppell. I think having that flexibility outways the Green and Evans options. IMO

ajjewell

Slammer

Hey all,

Any help please:
Anyone else looking at getting in Ablett now?

Should I :

A) Mundy to Pav (Using 1 trade & $91K)
B) Buckley to Strauss and then Mundy to Ablett (2 trades & $149K left)
C) Buckley to Strauss and then Mundy to Pav (2 trades & $245K left with view to move Pav fwd and bring in ablett later)
D) Another option?

11 trades $127K

B: Godd, Lids, Gibbs, Suckling, Murphy, Duigan Lower (Buckley, Jacobs, Howard)
M: Judd, Pendles, Swan, Hodge, Mundy, Cross (heppell, Prestia, Bewick)
R: Cox. Smith (Sandi, Smith)
F: Buddy, N.Roo, J.Roo, Fyfe, Goddes, ROK, Krak (Darling, Siposs, Mzungu)

Ringo

IMO Buckley still has some cash to milk.  have you though about Mundy to Boyd or Priddis. (Boyd my preferred).

Slammer

Quote from: Ringo on June 14, 2011, 08:58:41 AM
IMO Buckley still has some cash to milk.  have you though about Mundy to Boyd or Priddis. (Boyd my preferred).

Yeah thought about Boyd but already have the bunny Cross and my thinking was that with Pav I can move him fwd and then get a Boyd, Priddis or Ablett in the next few weeks.

wardie

ABLETT is at a premium price currently, Your decision would be between BOYD and GAJ and depending on how much $$ you need for future upgrades i would be looking at GAJ.

I do like your option to get PAV MPP him forward then get GAJ later, Do you have a plan on how you want to get GAJ tho?

Ringo

Like that option Mundy to Pav as it probably completes your forwards but you probably need to keep him there this week for Pies bye coverage.  Do you have a plan also for GAJ as his price will be increasing. Just notice you have 2 Smiths in rucks so who is fourth ruck,

Slammer

Quote from: Ringo on June 14, 2011, 11:30:09 AM
Like that option Mundy to Pav as it probably completes your forwards but you probably need to keep him there this week for Pies bye coverage.  Do you have a plan also for GAJ as his price will be increasing. Just notice you have 2 Smiths in rucks so who is fourth ruck,

Sorry Tippett as 4th ruck.

No real plan for GAJ, that is why I am looking at him this week maybe. However he is very pricey and with only 11 trades left I probably will not be able to get him later anyway unless I do the Buckley to Strauss and Mundy to Pav this week, then maybe a Heppell to GAJ next week or vice versa. Also still have Fisher to bring in down back after his bye.
Not sure.

Ringo

It appears you have a choice this week Mundy to Pav with one trade or GAJ with 2.
If you like a risk, and with Smiths average score of 108 over last three rounds in ruck , downgrade Sandi to Vardy/Bailey and gain extra cash to complete Team.  Then with Sandi possibly falling in price when he comes back and Smith possibly continuing to rise in price maybe a straight swap or +minimum dollars if you wish to get him back in.

Slammer

Quote from: Ringo on June 14, 2011, 01:27:53 PM
It appears you have a choice this week Mundy to Pav with one trade or GAJ with 2.
If you like a risk, and with Smiths average score of 108 over last three rounds in ruck , downgrade Sandi to Vardy/Bailey and gain extra cash to complete Team.  Then with Sandi possibly falling in price when he comes back and Smith possibly continuing to rise in price maybe a straight swap or +minimum dollars if you wish to get him back in.
Not sure about the risk.

I reckon its going to be down to the two like you said.

Option 1 - Use 2 trades - Buckley to Strauss and Mundy to Ablett
Option 2 - Mundy to Pav ( 1 trade)

Like both options. Would love GAJ before he goes up further but not keen on burning two trades for him. mmmm..
But also like the idea of Option 1 as Pav can move forward to complete fwd line after this week and free up another spot in mids.
Its a tough one especially with the potential for GAJ to pump out the big scores.

charliesheen

league or overall?

I think both Mundy and Darling both have to go.

Slammer

Quote from: charliesheen on June 15, 2011, 02:44:30 AM
league or overall?

I think both Mundy and Darling both have to go.

League win only but only 11 trades